Drive Off With Grey Waste Drain Tap Open Why? (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
well it happen again 10. 30 this morr m/h straight out of haven at littlesea pull up on the side of the rd I throught he was just stoping 2seconds later drove of he just open his tap

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
He is either an inconsiderate tw.t. A dirty tw.t or and ignorant tw.t. Either way he is s a TW.T. ( inset the letter you thinking appropriate in place of the . It could be "a" or "i" I prefer "a"

He is proberly all three.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
He's probably from the same breed of people that think it's ok to drop rubbish, spit chewing gum onto pavements or leave cigarette butts on the roads. All dirty buggers and what gives the UK a bad name abroad. Shamefull!

What's wrong with that, we do all of that and more....looking forward to our holiday together in a few days!! :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mistakes can happen sometimes, especially if you dump at home then forget to go back and close the valve but if we dump on the road we make sure we do it over a stank. Most laybys have them.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I left a cc site on Sunday morning and the chemical disposal point was blocked , i thought about emptying in the washing up area but to many people were about :LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Mistakes can happen sometimes, especially if you dump at home then forget to go back and close the valve but if we dump on the road we make sure we do it over a stank. Most laybys have them.

you and I need to have words Sandra, almost without exception those 'stanks' whatever that really translates to in English :D:D, will almost certainly drain straight to the nearest stream :mad:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
you and I need to have words Sandra, almost without exception those 'stanks' whatever that really translates to in English :D:D, will almost certainly drain straight to the nearest stream :mad:
The Scottish thistles can do with a drink David :) Maybe I need some further education ?

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
He's probably from the same breed of people that think it's ok to drop rubbish, spit chewing gum onto pavements or leave cigarette butts on the roads. All dirty buggers and what gives the UK a bad name abroad. Shamefull!

What's wrong with that, we do all of that and more....looking forward to our holiday together in a few days!! :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Allen and Loren.
Sorry, forgot to mention that we are bringing our nice noisy, smelly generator, the screaming kids love to watch the TV that we let them use off a long extension lead somewhere away from our van and they tend to try and keep the three dogs away from us too. They make such a noise....
Won't be long now, really looking forward to meeting up with you both..:giggler::giggler:

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Went to turn in to a Cl tonight, entrance opposite a lay bye next to a loch, two motorhomes there dumping there waste water. Where do they dump their toilet waste?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

We walk alongside the River Avon every day near Bath. There is a sewage treatment works about two fields away from the river, and every time there is a stink from the works (including s--t flies buzzing around,) invariably the day after there is scum on the river near a big outlet pipe which is embedded in the riverside bank and the all pervading stink that goes with it is clearly fecal in origin. This seems to be no coincidence - s--t farm overloading = dumping of s-t into the river. No one is doing anything about that it seems........ That has to be much worse than grey waste going down a drain, surely?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We walk alongside the River Avon every day near Bath. There is a sewage treatment works about two fields away from the river, and every time there is a stink from the works (including s--t flies buzzing around,) invariably the day after there is scum on the river near a big outlet pipe which is embedded in the riverside bank and the all pervading stink that goes with it is clearly fecal in origin. This seems to be no coincidence - s--t farm overloading = dumping of s-t into the river. No one is doing anything about that it seems........ That has to be much worse than grey waste going down a drain, surely?

just think how bad it would be without the treatment plant 'in the way' :)

there might be a problem on the treatment plant though, seriously, it could be worth a call or email (y)

Wessex Water should be grateful, or at least interested

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
just think how bad it would be without the treatment plant 'in the way' :)

there might be a problem on the treatment plant though, seriously, it could be worth a call or email (y)

Wessex Water should be grateful, or at least interested
Have contacted them on a few occasions David. Cliff's worked on a few STWs and says they only smell when they are 'overloaded'. Ours had only started to smell when they laid pipes so that the works had to take the s--t from Bath as well, so probably overloaded most of the time. :(

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
this was not me
just got this off another site
Just drove through Corley Services on.the M6 & some dirty bugger crossed over in front of us with cassette toilet in his hand , emptying it in the bushes , people like that get others a bad name

"}" data-reactid=".p">Like · Comment

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I've said it before Highway disposal is the way. On many RV's there is a system called Highway disposal. Once on the move the Pee and Poo is mixed up with the grey waste water and ground up. Once ground it is injected into the exhaust manifold where it is vaporised and simply blows out of the exhaust!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I've said it before Highway disposal is the way. On many RV's there is a system called Highway disposal. Once on the move the Pee and Poo is mixed up with the grey waste water and ground up. Once ground it is injected into the exhaust manifold where it is vaporised and simply blows out of the exhaust!

It's not April 1st already is it??

Gosh that year just flew by!!

:cooler:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Once ground it is injected into the exhaust manifold where it is vaporised and simply blows out of the exhaust!

I think you've over simplified it Eddie, it is far more sophisticated than that, but if the one I have fitted is the norm (see diagram) then a far smaller vessel is all that is left in the bottom for disposal 'darn the Carzi'.

Fecal-exhaust-mixer.jpg

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I have always advocated, the leaving open of the grey waste tap, at all times.
If you don't store it, it don't smell.
One of the many routes to MH happiness.

Caravans don't have waste tanks or taps, sorted.

:cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back