Ancient Newbie (2 Viewers)

Jun 8, 2015
Honiton,Devon
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Since 2014
Hello Everyone! I'm very much retired but Husband has 2 years to go. Bought a P Reg AutoSleeper Harmony a couple of months ago with a view to 'testing the water'....if we like it, we'll invest in a newer, bigger van in 2 years time. If not, then nothing lost, we'll look after it and sell it on. So far, I've washed and done small repairs to the curtains and replaced the hooks with better ones, installed a flat screen TV, made 'duvalays' and rejigged the cupboards to better accept the new crockery.

The van is in pretty good condition, but we had a habitation check and new MOT...also bought electric lead and connections, and a new blue hosepipe.

We have loads of questions but we have managed a weekend in Bude, and another in Brighton....both Caravan Club sites with good facilities as we are not yet brave enough to go anywhere else!
We are hoping to go as far as the Lake District in July, staying 2 nights each in Grange Over Sands, Shrewsbury, and Pandy in Wales to bring us back home to Devon.

We have toured quite extensively in Europe, but driving a sports car and staying in Hotels......but still nervous of Continental campsites.......need advice.

Sorry for the long introduction....I expect you're bored with me already.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D

Hi and welcome(y)

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Hi we are new too but these funsters are soooo helpful just ask away I've learnt so much from this site and we haven't even picked up our new MH yet! Planning to cross into Europe end of August for the first time so you are not alone. Go for it and enjoy! Don't forget to display your Smiley sticker! :hi:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the fun.
Motorhoming in Europe is a totally different experience to the UK. Decent roads, cheaper fuel, less traffic and AIRES.
What is an Aire? It is a parking place specifically for motorhomes, usually with black/grey dump point, water, and sometimes electricity. They all vary as to charging, some charge to park most don't, some charge for water some don't, some have free electricity, most charge for it. There are a number of useful books that help you find the aire closest to your destination. (usually right in towns and villages) "Camperstop" has entries for the whole of europe and "all the aires" books are divided into Northern/Southern France, Spain and Portugal, Benelux etc. Ful details from Vicarious Books (if you are a subscriber here then you can ask for a funsters discount).
Security, can be an issue in motorway aires or near borders. Do fasten your front doors together and fit a deadlock on the inside of your hab door and you should be fine. Don't leave computers, phones etc on display. Exterior screens will make it difficult to drive off if you feel unsafe at any time, not that we ever have but you never know.

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Smiley sticker??
On the right of the main page click on the smiley face free sticker send a sae and recieve the members logo sticker to place on your MH windscreen that way we fellow funster members will notice you.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
image.jpg

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
On the right of the main page click on the smiley face free sticker send a sae and recieve the members logo sticker to place on your MH windscreen that way we fellow funster members will notice you.
I think you may have to become a full member first @Momac But it's well worth the tenner for all the info you can get (y)(y)
BTW welcome to FUN :welc:

OP
OP
Momac
Jun 8, 2015
Honiton,Devon
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Since 2014
Thankyou for the replies and advice everyone....a tenner sounds like good value to me! Especially with a free sticker. By the way scousebird, I'm also a Scouse bird.... far from home

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Ok.....Tenner spent, now a full member. Still can't find the free sticker tho.
Keep Scrolling down where all the adverts are on the right of the page and you will see a big yellow smiley face just click on it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:clap2:Hiya Momac(y) & welcome to the Funsters
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: