May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
I am looking to take the family to portaventura this summer as my 3 daughters keep telling how great it looks.
Couple of questions if anyone can help?
Can you camp at the theme park in a Motorhome as we were looking to spend a couple of days there? If not somewhere close?
Can anyone recommend any good family Spanish campsites to spend the rest of our holiday in after, within a reasonable distance if poss?
Thanks

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can't help with the theme park but we stayed at a site called Camping Montrieg at Easter which is a lovely site just South of Tarragona. From the beach I could just make out the roller coaster at the theme park so it isn't far away.

Edit - here is the link http://www.playamontroig.com/en/index.php

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would add that I am not convinced of the fun element in queuing an hour for a ride in the sort of heat you will have there in the summer

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi we went a few years back soon after it first opened a d stayed at a site just opposite the main beach area at Salou good security but can't remember the name .them moved to benidorm for a few weeks

janeousswim

Free Member
Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi
I am looking to take the family to portaventura this summer as my 3 daughters keep telling how great it looks.
Couple of questions if anyone can help?
Can you camp at the theme park in a Motorhome as we were looking to spend a couple of days there? If not somewhere close?
Can anyone recommend any good family Spanish campsites to spend the rest of our holiday in after, within a reasonable distance if poss?
Thanks
Hi, we have just come back from Spain and stayed at Port Adventura on our way down to the the F1 at Barcelona. They have a dedicated Camping area if you purchase tickets for the theme park. It has 24 hour security with heated shwers, toilets and electricity. A free bus takes you into the theme park and back to the camping area or you can walk through the Wild West hotel next to the camping. They let you have use of their swimming ools and it is free wifi in the hotel. Hope this helps

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, we have just come back from Spain and stayed at Port Adventura on our way down to the the F1 at Barcelona. They have a dedicated Camping area if you purchase tickets for the theme park. It has 24 hour security with heated shwers, toilets and electricity. A free bus takes you into the theme park and back to the camping area or you can walk through the Wild West hotel next to the camping. They let you have use of their swimming ools and it is free wifi in the hotel. Hope this helps

Thanks for that it's very helpful.

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Unfortunately not, 18-19 degrees in Bournemouth today where I am. That's why my wife and daughters fancy Spain this year.
Went to Croatia last summer and that was really nice, weather and scenery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back