Top Quality Camp Table Recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We are looking for a top quality camp table.. if we had a decent camping supplier near us I'd go and look.. nothing beats a 'hands on' before buying.. next best thing is others suggestions..

Criteria

*Lightweight, aluminum frame..
*Weatherproof top, and not slatted.
*Size about 100cm x 70cm..

like the look of this one.. but it's not weatherproof ..any other suggestions ??

Kampa Awning Table

kampa-awning-table-8022-p[ekm]270x270[ekm].jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Well our 'roll up' aluminium one has a slatted top, but the slats lock together so it's solid when it's formed. Had it from 'Go Outdoors'.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well our 'roll up' aluminium one has a slatted top, but the slats lock together so it's solid when it's formed. Had it from 'Go Outdoors'.

thanks.. but would rather have a 'solid' top ..
we have a small table , had it for donkeys years left out in all weathers and it's still as good as new.. but no maker's name on it ..

EDIT..it is a Lafuma .. see next post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Ah! I was too late! I would have suggested the one we bought, only £19.99 from the Range! The top is solid, but ultra light weight. The legs slot in so can be stored separately in the wardrobe. It also has three height setting, can be used inside or out. We find it perfect!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We are new to motorhomes!
Gerri,

What a BRILLIANT recommendation. It turns out to be exactly what we were looking for and what a steal!!! I am really surprised at how light it is and yet it is really solid and sturdy.

Thanks very much for the tip

(BTW, I will be joining you if there is no rugby in H! Played prop for 50 years! Only a week to go....)

John

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We are looking for a top quality camp table.. if we had a decent camping supplier near us I'd go and look.. nothing beats a 'hands on' before buying.. next best thing is others suggestions..

Criteria

like the look of this one.. but it's not weatherproof ..any other suggestions ??

Kampa Awning Table

We've got the exact same one
After less than a year the screws fixing the legs to the tabletop have fallen out - still working on a viable repair - avoid!

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Re that table @Gerri19 has recommended. ... There are very similar ones (2 different sizes) in Costco if you have one near you. Solid .. think the brand is "lifetime"
Small one about 12 quid and the larger about 25 quid (ish)

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
We bought the Lafuma Calafornia XL table you have mentioned earlier this summer. The bracket that the leg stays clip into is not very robust. I have had to do a bodge job glueing them in place twice so far. I think you will find better quality elsewhere for your £50! Regards Martin @ScotJimland

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
We've got the exact same one
After less than a year the screws fixing the legs to the tabletop have fallen out - still working on a viable repair - avoid!
Cant agree I am afraid. I looked at those fixings and it should be an easy repair if they do loosen. For the price its still a bargain

John

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Cant agree I am afraid. I looked at those fixings and it should be an easy repair if they do loosen. For the price its still a bargain

John
Would appreciate your suggestions please John
The plywood tabletop is very thin so longer screws are not an option
The underside on the tabletop is shiny melamine faced plywood, so the glue which helps secure the leg fixings to the base, doesn't adhere very well. Any slight sideways pressure on the legs causes them to become detached
We don't treat things harshly - but I'd expect any product to be fit for purpose
Appreciate your suggestions
Thanks

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We've got the small Costco one which is very good. Very sturdy but not lightweight. Also got large round one for home they are both excellent if you can get to Costco.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Have a look at a Brunner camping table.
I've seen one in our local caravan shop and was really impressed.
Light but sturdy and looked well made and had adjustable feet incase of uneven ground.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Don't get one like @Armytwowheels - apparently it come with bonus extra added wasps (not mentioning the whiff of plastic)

:imoutahere:
Have any of my most excellent, top value tables, on sale for the minuscule price of just £5 let anyone down? Have any parts failed or fallen off??? No, do they attract wasps - No. Do they smell - only if you put something really really hot on them. :shake:

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
Would appreciate your suggestions please John
The plywood tabletop is very thin so longer screws are not an option
The underside on the tabletop is shiny melamine faced plywood, so the glue which helps secure the leg fixings to the base, doesn't adhere very well. Any slight sideways pressure on the legs causes them to become detached
We don't treat things harshly - but I'd expect any product to be fit for purpose
Appreciate your suggestions
Thanks

Robert Clark, I am afraid I owe you a big apology. Age, haste and inbuilt stupidity prevented me from reading your post properly. I thought you were referring to the table that I have just bought as recommended by Gerri! It has a blown plastic top which I think would be easy to repair. I should have twigged because there is not much underneath to break.
Ok, mending things is my forte, why not post some pics of your issue and we can maybe suggest solutions?

John

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had all sorts of tables over the years - and still have many of them cluttering the garage.

We bought one like Gerri mentioned but only because we couldn't get what we really wanted. That is now also relegated to the garage as we found this in Clas Ohlson earlier this year. Much easier to store and use :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've had all sorts of tables over the years - and still have many of them cluttering the garage.

We bought one like Gerri mentioned but only because we couldn't get what we really wanted. That is now also relegated to the garage as we found this in Clas Ohlson earlier this year. Much easier to store and use :)

We've got one of those, though it looks a little larger that he one in your link. Talk about instant up, they are excellent. Great for general use and especially good at those times when you stop for 30 minutes somewhere and want to sit outside.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've got one of those, though it looks a little larger that he one in your link. Talk about instant up, they are excellent. Great for general use and especially good at those times when you stop for 30 minutes somewhere and want to sit outside.
Yes, ours is a little smaller than many people have. Trouble is we couldn't find a larger one anywhere in 2 or 3 years of looking :) Best watch over yours at Lincoln, Jim, or you may find it has shrunk when you get home :LOL:

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, ours is a little smaller than many people have. Trouble is we couldn't find a larger one anywhere in 2 or 3 years of looking :) Best watch over yours at Lincoln, Jim, or you may find it has shrunk when you get home :LOL:

We use ours a lot for cooking outside on the small gas canister cookers. a few seconds to set up when your cooking something and don't want the smells lingering in the van.

oaktree11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Cheddar, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner i640G
Exp
I guess that this is like everything else involving humans! It is just personal choice and things are rarely perfect. Personally, I have tended to follow the motto "the best is the enemy of the good". Draw a line somewhere and be happy.....

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We use ours a lot for cooking outside on the small gas canister cookers. a few seconds to set up when your cooking something and don't want the smells lingering in the van.
That's one reason we wanted ours. The plastic top of the one which @Gerri19 mentioned is not really robust enough for a table top cooker :LOL:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This is ours Broken Link Removed - slatted so may not suit some but light, waterproof, very quick & easy to use, height adjustable & packs away well (y) Leg design means no problem to sit at plus using hot pans & washing up water won't harm it :) We have had solid top tables, other slatted versions too but this is the best for us so far.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
That's one reason we wanted ours. The plastic top of the one which @Gerri19 mentioned is not really robust enough for a table top cooker :LOL:
I beg to differ! We use ours outside with a gas burner (canister style) and it was fine.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Have any of my most excellent, top value tables, on sale for the minuscule price of just £5 let anyone down? Have any parts failed or fallen off??? No, do they attract wasps - No. Do they smell - only if you put something really really hot on them. :shake:
We are now proud owners of one of yours too, and it's super!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Criteria

Kampa Awning Table

We have that very table. Legs down on two seconds very stable and a proper quality bit of kit. Highly recommended .

Montybe

Free Member
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Lowline Mototrek
Exp
40 years on and off
I looked around for ages to find an affordable table similar to the stylish VW California ( which to buy as a spare part is silly money, like £300+). I finally found this from Just Kampers and I use it for the very purpose described, cooking using the Gas BBq, general outdoor entertaining and dining. It is compact, has adjustable feet and lives in a sidelocker along with the outdoor dining and reclining outfit. Usual disclaimers.
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back