Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
I have recently bought an elders 175 motorhome. Don't have a puncture, saying that it will now happen, but just wondered where the jack is? If anybody can suggest where I look it would be much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Check whether or not you have a spare wheel first. If you don't there won't be a jack.

If you do have a spare then the manufacturers supplied jack would have been dangerous anyway. You need to get one capable of lifting the weight.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do as I did, and buy a 5 tonne one from Clarkes or similar,, I did however weld a secure steel axle locator on the top as they do tend to be a small round button on most jacks, and that is worse than a supplied one as IT WILL fall off if put under a round axle. with the additional cup it is located firmly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
In my Fiat the toolkit is under the passenger seat. If yours is a Peugot it might be in the same place

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Not necessarily true about no jack if no spare. Mine came without a spare but with a tool-kit in a black plastic box and one of those almost useless inflaters' with gunge to insert.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
those almost useless inflaters' with gunge to insert.

The one in ours is pretty good. Never needed to use the gunge but as a compressor only it got my rear tyres from 65 to 80 psi just as quickly as the air line at the petrol station does.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We've had to use the compressor on both our vans - in the Bessie we had a slow puncture, Pete was trying to find it so pumped itt back up again, it delfated again by the next morning so he did it again and orf we went to a tyre place - a ruddy gurt bolt through the inner wall.

On the Pilote we drove over a ruddy great lump of granite completely hidden in the edge of a grass verge, cleared it with the front but the rear went over, or perhaps along it, denting the wheel so the tyre didn't deal onto it. Pete managed to realign the wheel and reinflated the tyre, this was on a Sunday but we were only about 2 miles from the aire we were heading for, so we stayed until Tuesday (the nearest Fiat garage not being open on Monday) and the tyre stayed up, they were able to locate a wheel at another branch for Weds so we were back and forth a couple of times, then dire warnings in case the tyre was damaged so we said straight away - well if it is, we will have to have a new one of those too, won't we? So just get it into the workshop and see. Anyway - it was fine and it's still on the van.

So we can vouch for the little compressors!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back