Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
We would like to visit Morroco early next year , is it safe and are any other funsters going then who would join up with us ?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes and yes.

If you go January, February, March time there will be quite a few out there. Have a looksie at the Morocco 2015 thread and you will glean lots of info and get a good idea of how many go.

Once out there people keep in touch via this forum so you can meet up as often or as little as you like. People post warnings of road problems or floods etc so you are up to date all the time.......unless you are the first one out there!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
ideally you take 3 cans of beer and a litre carton of wine each a day. for the time you are there.
go down the west coast and up either the middle or desert side on the way back.
stay off the m,way use the old local roads much more fun .
yellow road on a mitchy map to kenitras thenfrom rabat to casablance use the white road.
better to use the coast road around rabat and casa .then yellow road to essaouira then red route with a bit of white to taghahazoute .dont rush its fantastic . lots places to stay on the way . and water to fill up with .

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
@TerryL took on the role of getting a group together and we all crossed on the 15th Jamuary. I think he could be persuaded to do the same thing in 2016 if there was enough interest. The Morocco 2016 thread probably will not start until November / December so I should keep a look out for it.

We hope to go again this winter... our third time!!

Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
heading to zagora in january isnt a good idea . you may find deep snow on many of the roads down to there. certainly around azrou ,midelt area .
thats why so many go the coast way down . but you could be lucky.
scenes like this are common .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 305.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 305.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 309.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 309.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
Mid January is good for us

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'll kill that @CherryPirate ! As long as he promises to help I see no reason at the moment why we can't do something again along the lines of 2015. As Colin says, we don't get much moving until October/November. It will likely be that we will be aiming to cross around 12th Jan so use that for a target date if you want. Last time a few went a week earlier so rather than having a large group go together (a la Desert Detours) a couple of smaller groups might suit better. But in any case there will certainly be others going at different times.

If you are interested in going as part of a group, post on this thread and nearer the time we'll put together a list. Meanwhile you might run into us, or CherryPirate, at one of the meets. (Currently planned Southport, Stratford and Malvern). Be happy to chat, as will anyone who has been to Morocco before ( well nearly everyone!) Meanwhile you might want to read the article I put up on the Resources section.

Terry

OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
I'll kill that @CherryPirate ! As long as he promises to help I see no reason at the moment why we can't do something again along the lines of 2015. As Colin says, we don't get much moving until October/November. It will likely be that we will be aiming to cross around 12th Jan so use that for a target date if you want. Last time a few went a week earlier so rather than having a large group go together (a la Desert Detours) a couple of smaller groups might suit better. But in any case there will certainly be others going at different times.

If you are interested in going as part of a group, post on this thread and nearer the time we'll put together a list. Meanwhile you might run into us, or CherryPirate, at one of the meets. (Currently planned Southport, Stratford and Malvern). Be happy to chat, as will anyone who has been to Morocco before ( well nearly everyone!) Meanwhile you might want to read the article I put up on the Resources section.

Terry
Thanks we will keep the date , we are in Spain for six months so can't meet at any uk rallies until the autumn. I'm new so not sure I've re posted the thread ? And unsure onhow to look at resources don't seem to find the links I search for , can you send me a link please ? Could be I'm dim or the campsite wifi ... Probably me

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thanks we will keep the date , we are in Spain for six months so can't meet at any uk rallies until the autumn. I'm new so not sure I've re posted the thread ? And unsure onhow to look at resources don't seem to find the links I search for , can you send me a link please ? Could be I'm dim or the campsite wifi ... Probably me
Have posted link but go to top of page click the 3 lines symbol next to the word forums, click resources and search through that lot
Cheers
Simon

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes and yes.

If you go January, February, March time there will be quite a few out there. Have a looksie at the Morocco 2015 thread and you will glean lots of info and get a good idea of how many go.

Once out there people keep in touch via this forum so you can meet up as often or as little as you like. People post warnings of road problems or floods etc so you are up to date all the time.......unless you are the first one out there!
Ay up ! Tell Colin I have a little job for him when we next hook up. I need to loosen the locking screw on my T piece on the fridge flue, so I can clean it. It's a right bugger to get at, it's about 2 feet below my top vent opening and there is very little room between the screw and the outside wall. I've purchased a small Z shaped screw driver which I can get on to the screw head but dont have the dexterity to turn the screw. Something to drive him nuts I think I've tapped the flue and very little debris has fallen down and the jet is OK with a clean flame. So should be OK for quite a while yet.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ay up ! Tell Colin I have a little job for him when we next hook up. I need to loosen the locking screw on my T piece on the fridge flue, so I can clean it. It's a right bugger to get at, it's about 2 feet below my top vent opening and there is very little room between the screw and the outside wall. I've purchased a small Z shaped screw driver which I can get on to the screw head but dont have the dexterity to turn the screw. Something to drive him nuts I think I've tapped the flue and very little debris has fallen down and the jet is OK with a clean flame. So should be OK for quite a while yet.
Well why don't you invite us over for drinkies and he can have a look? Assuming you van is kept at home?

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Yep, there's a good chance we will cross the water again but not until the first week or so in Feb. earlier than that and the weather is a bit too iffy for us.
We will probably spend around 4 weeks in Morocco and then head for Portugal hoping to get back to Mayenne and home by the end of April.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Good idea! However, I was under the impression we were coming to stay at the lake (!) with you for a couple of 3 days. Is that not the case!
What lake is that then?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back