Advice For Sat In South France (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are currently in Agde near Narborough. Oyster2 System with 85cm dish and freesat box. We can get all UK programs.
Another van parks next to me with the same setup but his dish just keeps spinning and cannot lock on to the Astra satellite.
Any ideas what could be wrong.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
John I think the Oyster was like my Mobilsat and had to be re-programmed after they fiddled with the satellite last year. I wonder if next door has or needs to have his re-programmed. The other suggestion is to look at his LNB towards the dish and it really should be twisted to about twenty five minutes to the hour and the other thing is to make sure his F plugs have not got water in. After this I am stumped apart from letting him watch your tele.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We are currently in Agde near Narborough. Oyster2 System with 85cm dish and freesat box. We can get all UK programs.
Another van parks next to me with the same setup but his dish just keeps spinning and cannot lock on to the Astra satellite.
Any ideas what could be wrong.

You using a Chinese sat nav by any chance?;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Chinese sat nav

Ere ! my cheapy Chinese sat nav guided me down to the alps n back never put a foot wrong.

Got her knickers in a twist once on a new piece of road cos she hadn't been up dated about it but otherwise "Katie" and the system coped with everything and when used in conjunction with Campercontact can't think that it could be bettered. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Lunarman (bloody cheek 'cos he hasn't got a Lunar anymore(y)) kindly updated my satnav for me. Anyway it's performed superbly since. So I don't have a problem with Katie (or any other friends she may have:D) but getting mixed up between Narbonne & Narborough is just plain senility ........coat is already on :getmecoat:

All said TIC:D

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya you could tune it manually ..you are half way..point in direction yours is and fiddle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back