Can Anyone Recommend A Stopover Near Winchester? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
We are heading to Spain Monday 15th June but have to drop a ebike off for repair in the middle of Winchester on that morning.

The plan is to drive down Sunday, stopover as close as possible to the town centre, drive in for 9-10am, try and find somewhere to pull over in the town (MH and trailer =38ft), run the bike into the shop, find somewhere to park till we get a call from the shop then repeat to collect the bike, head for Dover.

Any suggestions where we can stay Sunday night would be welcome. Also any suggestions re the drop off/collection would also be useful if anyone knows the town well.

From Google street view, there is nowhere outside the shop but the guy has mentioned somewhere where the buses pull over which is about 5 minutes away. Not sure how long we could stay there to unload/load.

Thanks

Steve

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Steve, I reckon I could help you here, why don't you drop the bike into me at my home in the New Forest, stop-over with EHU, leave the bike with me and I will run it up to Winchester in the car, or we (you and I) will run it up to Winchester in the car, then I drop you back at mine and off you head for your destination.

Us Piaggio Three Wheelers have to stick together ya know, PM me if this idea has legs

Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Hi Steve, I reckon I could help you here, why don't you drop the bike into me at my home in the New Forest, stop-over with EHU, leave the bike with me and I will run it up to Winchester in the car, or we (you and I) will run it up to Winchester in the car, then I drop you back at mine and off you head for your destination.

Us Piaggio Three Wheelers have to stick together ya know, PM me if this idea has legs

Griff

That is very kind Griff. You have mail.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back