Anybody Had Dealings With Marquis Motorhomes At Durham ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hoing to look at some vans there soon...
...any feedback for them ??

TIA

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Hi out of a lot of dealers they seem to be a little more exspencve .but had no dealings with them. Take your time and have a good look round there is a lot out there so don't Rush and some one will be here to tell you more . There is some of us that has got vans from them. John

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Tried to buy a Hymer from their Preston branch but the salesman was far too pushy for my taste, very much felt like he was on commision only so I walked away

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Plenty of dealers a roundabout there. Camper NE are just up the road and generally have a good selection . Have dealt with them and as they are a family business offer more of a personal service. Certainly no pushy salesmen and you're the customer with the money some it's your call. Good luck with your search.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I agree, Camper NE are well worth a visit while you are in Birtley. We bought our current van from them and were very happy with the way we were treated.
The only time we have visited Marquis was for an open day when we weren't intending to buy (it was still Brownhills when we bought our van).

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We have had three motorhomes from Marquis Durham, any problems we have had have been sorted quickly including a return to Autosleeper for warranty work. If your going to view, ask for Nick Condon, one of their sales team, a very nice young man and not pushy at all, we have bought all of our vans through him.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Nick Condon

Knew his dad, sir Paul Condon, in fact I used to work for him.....
bobby.png

Joking apart I used to do a lot of business with Marquis Motorhomes down in Lower Upham, but that was in the day when it WAS Marquis as opposed to the conglomerate it is today, but they were always fine by my reckoning.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Just bought from them a 2005 Lunar Roadstar 620. To be honest I made up for them a long list of defects and over the nine weeks they've taken to get the parts and work completed visited them three times to check up on their progress. They have been excellent in the most part but needed reminding a couple of times we would not complete payment they requested until we were entirely satisfied with their workmanship. We got a very fair deal from them financially and I would recommend them particularly their depot manager Adam Webb.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Got a pretty fair deal from Marquis (Golden Cross, South Coast) on a new van. They always answered phone calls, salesman was good and knowledgeable - not pushy! Would buy from them again.

If you have plenty of dealerships up there, as has been said, shop around and note the comments from other funsters.
Hope this helps?

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Thanks for all the replies and help. Certainly I will visit some of the other showrooms mentioned on my trip. I am looking at one of the Benimar range as a possible van, hence my need to go to Marquis in particular.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back