Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Has anyone tried the TruckNav GPS? I'm looking at one on eBay Broken Link Removed but when I enquired about map updates I was told they would send me the updates on an SD card each year. Sounds like an odd way of doing things!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Has anyone tried the TruckNav GPS? I'm looking at one on eBay Broken Link Removed but when I enquired about map updates I was told they would send me the updates on an SD card each year. Sounds like an odd way of doing things!
Hi Paulel,

Many of us on here are using them with great results. Many of us bought ours from Navibuzz (reliable supplier), for much less, and with a larger memory capacity, including free map updates which you download yourself.
Broken Link Removed

Have a look before you purchase.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
BTW, if you do purchase one, the user manual is a bit naff, however, a fellow Funster (Trikeman) has produced a very informative user manual available to download in "Resources", as are many POIs for the same Sat Nav (from Lunarman). (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Hi Jockand Rita,

Thanks for your quick reply. That actually sounds like a better unit and it's cheaper! All I have to do is ask the seller if I can connect it to my Mac.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Hi Jockand Rita,

Thanks for your quick reply. That actually sounds like a better unit and it's cheaper! All I have to do is ask the seller if I can connect it to my Mac.
Didn't see your second post, thanks very much for your help.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jockand Rita,

If you mean connect it to your Mac for updates, you don't have to. It's not like a TomTom or Garmin. Map and software updates are done on the micro SD only, via an adapter where necessary. Updates are done from https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/newLogin

It's a cracking piece of kit, and certainly value for money.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Sorry to be a pain but I can't find the Noza Tec NTu026 model on the comprehensive list of devices supported on the Naviextras site!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Sorry to be a pain but I can't find the Noza Tec NTu026 model on the comprehensive list of devices supported on the Naviextras site!
My updates were done for me by Lunarman (John), so I can't help you out this time, however, that is the correct website for the updates.

This link also re commends using naviextras.com.
Link Removed

Cheer's,

Jock.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
Thanks for all your help Jock. I think I'll just go ahead and order it, I can't really go wrong at that price!

Paul

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks for all your help Jock. I think I'll just go ahead and order it, I can't really go wrong at that price!

Paul
A friend ordered one prior to going to Germany, and her son updated the maps using the link I put up. She and her husband are over the moon with it, as it hasn't put a foot wrong during their tour. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. Don't forget to download the manual from "Resources".

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Just ordered one of these units from Navibuzz. Hope it is better than the last one I ordered from a different supplier. Had to get a refund as it was not always taking us to the correct address or wanted to go by obscure route.
Many thanks for the timely info about this one as we are on holiday next week and could do with a reliable unit.
Charlie.

OP
OP
paulel

paulel

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Brittany
Funster No
MH
Hymer E650
Exp
New
After all that they won't ship it to me in France! What's the matter with these people. I have a British bank account and a British registered PayPal account so it's not as though they are going to lose their money on the deal.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
After all that they won't ship it to me in France! What's the matter with these people. I have a British bank account and a British registered PayPal account so it's not as though they are going to lose their money on the deal.
Sorry to hear that Paulel, :(

My friend had hers shipped to Southern Ireland, no problem, at the same shipping rate as for other EU countries.
Try another supplier of the same unit, however, you may not get the micro SD card with them, ie, only 4Gb built in, instead of the expansion to 12Gb.

Good luck, (y)

Jock.

johnnnnnnyy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2015
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Hi Jockand Rita,

I'm using one and its probably one of the best Sat wavs I've ever used. Way better than my Tom Tom, can't believe the price!
I also use Mac, connects and updates maps etc with no problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back