Exclusion Clause (1 Viewer)

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I was thinking of plucking up the courage to join the "Funsters" at at least 1 of their meets, but after reading about the exclusion clause at Oswestry for "European" owners then I'm afraid my bottle has gone again.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi New Rover

The meet at Oswestry originated on an RV forum and is not a Motorhome Fun meet.
An invitation to attend this meet was extended to RV owners on this forum.
There are NO exclusions on MotorhomeFun meets, all are welcome whether you arrive in a Euro van or an ARV , big or small, old or new. You will be made most welcome and you will have Fun.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Open comment to Jim and all funsters...

Hi New Rover

The meet at Oswestry originated on an RV forum and is not a Motorhome Fun meet.
An invitation to attend this meet was extended to RV owners on this forum.
There are NO exclusions on MotorhomeFun meets, all are welcome whether you arrive in a Euro van or an ARV , big or small, old or new. You will be made most welcome and you will have Fun.

In my opinion if a meet is mentioned on the MHF website, then it it should be open to all, not just a "select" few because they are in a class of their own...The meet at Oswestry should not have been placed in the section "meets and rallies" at all......Not a rant but merely constructive criticism of the subject...! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In my opinion if a meet is mentioned on the MHF website, then it it should be open to all, not just a "select" few because they are in a class of their own...The meet at Oswestry should not have been placed in the section "meets and rallies" at all......Not a rant but merely constructive criticism of the subject...! :thumb:

I tend to agree, it probably shouldn't be in the Fun Meets and Rallies forum, it would have been better in the American RV forum .. but it is an RVOC rally and personally I wouldn't have posted on Fun at all unless it was an open invite.

The very last thing I want is for folk to think that we (RV owners) think we are select or special .. as far as I'm concerned we are all motorhomers .. end of story.. this sort of think can lead to resentment .. and division .. lets keep it FUN. I'm sure Brian had no intention of causing any ill feelings.

Jim.. ex ice cream van owner :roflmto:

OP
OP
N

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
First of all, I tend to agree with Steve4kay's and Scotjimland's comments re meets mentioned on MH Fun. These should be, and as far as I'm aware, are, open to all who wish to participate.
I would like to thank Brisey for his post and I will endeavour to attend at least 1 MH Fun meet this year.
Though I must admit, I still feel a little bit uncomfortable in bringing my Elddis into the company of large RVs', Kon-Tikis, Dethleffs et al.
But time will tell. Until then I will remain mostly in the background on the forum but will post if I think that I can contribute further to the site.
Cheers all.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
First of all, I tend to agree with Steve4kay's and Scotjimland's comments re meets mentioned on MH Fun. These should be, and as far as I'm aware, are, open to all who wish to participate.
I would like to thank Brisey for his post and I will endeavour to attend at least 1 MH Fun meet this year.
Though I must admit, I still feel a little bit uncomfortable in bringing my Elddis into the company of large RVs', Kon-Tikis, Dethleffs et al.
But time will tell. Until then I will remain mostly in the background on the forum but will post if I think that I can contribute further to the site.
Cheers all.

Don't feel uncomfortable- No one is the least bit interested in what you turn up in, Motorhome Fun meets are about people, not motorhomes. :thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
hi new rover i have a swift bessacar and there were many motorhomes at the newark show in all shapes and sizes not that many rvs so please do come to a rally and you are very welcome on this site, please don't stay in the background, come and join in
we will all be pleased to meet you
paulus the woodgnome, long suffering wife and poor daughter

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years

This sort of feeling occurred on the other forum - people were given the impression that we RVers did not want to associate with people in Euro vans. At one of the rallys the marshalls placed the RV's way out of the way from anyone else which caused some resentment. :Angry:

The Americana meet - this is also placed on the RVOC site and we have deliberately not booked on to that one with them but with the one placed on this forum because we want to be with our many friends on here. :winky:

I totally agree that Brian should not have posted this event on here but I sincerely think that if he'd realised he was going to affend anyone he wouldn't have done it anyway.:winky:

Pammy

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
New Rover

Dont feel shy and uncomfortable.

We have just a normal A class motorhome, and we turned up with our cracked windscreen and missing step, and I dont think anyone commented, apart from try to help re the windscreen.

It is totally non judgementable (if thats a word) and you can come and go as you please, and get what you want from the rally.

I think you could honestly say that there are all sorts of motorhomes and people catered for. There has even been a caravan or two, and I am sure they would not turn away a person with a tent. Because its the flexibility and warm welcome that motorhome fun is about.

Hope to see you at a rally one day.

Kind regards

Pat

OP
OP
N

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Having just watched the you tube video of Newark week-end, I can see you all definitely had MUCH fun, so I am now more determined to joinyou for at least 1 meet this year.
Thank you all for your kind comments.
John.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
(snip)
(snip)
No need to feel uncomfortable at all. We have an Elddis Autoquest 100 and we don't feel uncomfortable.

Yes, it's understandable that RV owners should be jealous of us at first - but they soon relax and forget all about feeling inferior :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes, it's understandable that RV owners should be jealous of us at first - but they soon relax and forget all about feeling inferior

Closer to the truth than you realise.. I often look as the small vans with envious eyes.. :Cool: especially when I see them getting into places I've no chance of going .. :Sad:

wish I had one as a toad.. :roflmto::roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi New Rover!

If someone should feel uncomfortable(and i don't) it's ME! I'm going to the funsters 's meet on the 15th of August at Parc Verger, and i'll will come with ......A TENT:Blush: !!!!!In anycase i'll be the smallest , the ridiculest!:roflmto::roflmto: But the only important thing is that i'm going to have fun with people i do appreciate:winky::thumb::thumb:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hey New Rover... I too am trying to sum up courage to join the Funsters at a meet (Newbury?)... I am in a beaten up, old much loved, Iveco self build (nowhere near finished). Maybe we should drive on together and then you would look definitely up market! :)

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
John, when you see my 25 year old excuse for a detroit shed you will laugh!

(I love it really)

:ROFLMAO:
John

wish I had one as a toad..

Jim!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it really doesnt matter what you drive.......turn up on a bicycle with a tent on your back if you want......no-one gives a monkeys.

you'll find there is no 'them and us' with motorhomefun:thumb: well, maybe a little jelousy on my part.

you really dont need courage to come to a meet, just a sense of humour and a liking for a fun time.

oh, and some beer/wine/cider/meths....whatever takes your fancy.:ROFLMAO:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
New Rover

Dont feel shy and uncomfortable.

There has even been a caravan or two,
Kind regards

Pat

Even a Caravan, bloody ell who let them in:ROFLMAO:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
so I am now more determined to joinyou for at least 1 meet this year. Thank you all for your kind comments.
John.

Why not come to the one at Peterborough ? If Warners ever get around to sending my tickets I'll be there and I don't even own a MH yet :RollEyes:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi Newrover, there are lots of us non RV owners on this site. We went to a meet last year at Dylans site in Wales and had a great time despite the rain.
Lin

OP
OP
N

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I did read about Cwmcuttan (sorry if spelling incorrect) and I think it would be a nice site to visit so maybe if another "meet" is arranged there then I would hope to be able to make it.
John.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Don't feel uncomfortable- No one is the least bit interested in what you turn up in, Motorhome Fun meets are about people, not motorhomes. :thumb:
Hi New Rover we were at Newark in our 18 year old Frankia with the water pump not working. It made no difference. We still parked next to bigger vans but who cares? As Jim says it's about meeting people and making friends. Hope to see you soon at a meet.
Lucille:Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Down with apartheid !!!

The vehicles don't matter !! It's the people inside them that count, not the surrounding metal and plastic...I have put my name down for Carmarthen!!!!! see you all there...:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
HI New Rover.
I think once you have met this group of people you will soon change your mind.

Just a few different people we have met at meets, and Im sorry if I have forgoit anyone.
Geo & Pammy
Ruth & Tony santara
Jim & Sian + crew
Roadruner john
Patrick
Rory & Jan forestboy
Lyndon rv
The pips
nigel & pam sundowner.
Jim (scotjim)
papasmurf and june

The above is just a list of the few people that we have met. They have all been more than welcoming and placed on the nikki and paul ever growing list of friends we meet with our motorhome. :thumb:
There is one thing about the happy bunch I mention which got me to write this. Not one of them owns an european motorhome. :Eeek::Eeek::whatthe:
Fear not what people will think of you for we will be having too good a time to worry about what your driving and sleeping in,
although there was a shady looking aclass with a cracked window and broken step we noticed at Newark:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
although there was a shady looking aclass with a cracked window and broken step we noticed at Newark:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:roflmto::roflmto:

I think there is quite a bit of 'van watching' , part of the fun is seeing what others own, not from a snobbish, mine is bigger, better, or otherwise, but we all love to talk about motorhomes..
We do it on here all the time, so when we get a chance to talk and look in 'the flesh' few can resist, it's an extension of the forum.. we ask questions, others give advice .. others want to view your van and ask the pros and cons.. and most owners are only too happy to show off their 'pride and joy'
In saying that, not everyone loves meets or rallies, it's not everyone's cup of tea.. but as already expressed, no one ever pressures you into anything you don't want to do.. or gate crashes your van and it's a great way to meet friends, old and new ..

Jim

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
HI New Rover.
I think once you have met this group of people you will soon change your mind.

Just a few different people we have met at meets, and Im sorry if I have forgoit anyone.
Geo & Pammy
Ruth & Tony santara
Jim & Sian + crew
Roadruner john
Patrick
Rory & Jan forestboy
Lyndon rv
The pips
nigel & pam sundowner.
Jim (scotjim)
papasmurf and june

The above is just a list of the few people that we have met. They have all been more than welcoming and placed on the nikki and paul ever growing list of friends we meet with our motorhome. :thumb:
There is one thing about the happy bunch I mention which got me to write this. Not one of them owns an european motorhome. :Eeek::Eeek::whatthe:
Fear not what people will think of you for we will be having too good a time to worry about what your driving and sleeping in,

Ha, Ha, Ha, very funny, as long as we are not know as the shady couple thats fine!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (unless you know my secrets that is Paul)!!

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Ha, Ha, Ha, very funny, as long as we are not know as the shady couple thats fine!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (unless you know my secrets that is Paul)!!

Shady? more like shabby

Cracked windscreen, broken step and the latest addition holes in Neil's pants, you are truly in a dire way.:ROFLMAO:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Shady? more like shabby

Cracked windscreen, broken step and the latest addition holes in Neil's pants, you are truly in a dire way.:ROFLMAO:

You also forgot, I set fire to neils trainers when I was tarmacing the roof (does that make us gypsies too),

Regards Patx

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
You also forgot, I set fire to neils trainers when I was tarmacing the roof (does that make us gypsies too),

Regards Patx

Keep digging:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back