Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
we are looking (again) for our first Hymer we need a fixed bed, shower, loo and storage can any one advice us on what model to look out for? we were looking @ the b694 but maybe thats a little big we're not sure. Any advice?

muddywellies

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
I recently got a Hymer, the baby excis. I am very pleased with it except for the "entertainment centre" in the middle of the dash which was proudly pointed out to me before buying. Biggest load of cr*&p I've ever come across. For an all-singing, all-dancing overpriced piece of kit I would ask for it to be removed if I ever had the chance. Here's why in my opinion. The sat nav did not allow the last 2 letters of any postcode to be entered, which meant it never got me where I wanted. The approach to turn countdown was in dark red, impossible to read during the day for me. The radio station presets didn't work like on any radio I had used previously during my 30 driving years, and in 2 books of instructions there were no details on how to memorise the presets. No usb to play my own tunes. In trying to load my own tunes i removed the memory SD card. Without warning it formatted the whole software!! I never used it again. Went to Halfords and they removed it, installed a lovely radio with usb, bluetooth all singing and dancing and sounds far superior. I also got a Garmin satnav that is far superior. Fully installed for half the quoted price. Happy man again. And the old system? Drop kicked in to a skip for all the good it was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for the links and advice I'll get on the net when I get on from work :)

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
we are looking (again) for our first Hymer we need a fixed bed, shower, loo and storage can any one advice us on what model to look out for? we were looking @ the b694 but maybe thats a little big we're not sure. Any advice?
Hi Sharon, we are selling our Dethleffs T6611 Advantage Elegance, built by the same company that builds Hymer, it has fixed beds and lots of storage, hanging drobes and lockers etc with lots and lots of extras PLUS the legendary Dethleffs/Hymer build quality. See our advert on the Funsters motorhomes for sale tab. All the best minesapint

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Identify dealers and Available vans on mobile.de website? importing makes s lot of sense...
I like the Exsis models, ther are now 12 to choose from. Narrower and lighter with good payloads.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you are still thinking of full timing in your van then that size is probably what you would want, I would think the 544 and 584 Hymers would be to small to full time in , something the size do the 694 could be better. Good luck keep the questions coming.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
A friend of ours fulltimes and uses a smaller van but tows a trailer. Keeps cycles locked up out of site plus storage. Could use a traditional trailer or the French made ones which use the shopping trolley type set up. This where the wheels turn right around and you reverse just as if no trailer attached. Just a thought.

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995
I have a B694 SL loads of storage 3 ltr engine more power than you would ever need. Plus 26 mpg. Stick with looking for a Hymer this is our 4 th.

OP
OP
Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
100% want a hymer preferably one with an island bed but not sure which model has the island bed?

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
100% want a hymer preferably one with an island bed but not sure which model has the island bed?

Depends on your budget and consequently what year you are looking at.

B598 Has an Island bed but, is not on an alko chassis. We were tempted but in the end we opted for the French bed B654SL, Star Edition, with 3 litre engine and alko chassis the finish and specification is superb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back