Toll Free Route To Luxembourg (1 Viewer)

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We're off next week on route to Mosel valley but would like to go to Luxembourg first for a couple of days what would be the best toll free route from Calais . Many thanks

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Bruges, Ghent, Brussels, Namur........... all motorway...........did it 6 weeks ago (just watch out for the massive delays when getting near Lux :eek:)

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
We are over on Wednesday morning ferry and take a couple of days to get to lux. Just head east from Dunkirk hugging the Belgium border stop at the Aires in Le Cateau de Cambresis and then on to the small municipal campsite by the river in Sedan. You then have a choice of the free aire at Dudelange by the railway station with cheap tickets into Luxemburg centre or there is an ACSI site a little closer to the centre if you want all of the services. Keep an eye out for HA5 3DOM we are off to Moselle and river Tauber after that.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just to let you know that your chances of finding a space on the aire at Dudelange are slim :eek:. It was packed full when we came through the other week so we stayed in the adjacent car park with a few other vans. I think it is 'tolerated' but don't take it for granted eh? Strictly speaking off site 'camping' is illegal in Luxembourg.

IMG_2187.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Last time we went that way we stayed in a free Aire in Bastogne, in a car park but it was quiet on a Friday night. Very convenient for the town centre and the "Battle of the Bulge and Transport Museums etc"
We also found free Aires in Sarralbe and Obernai that were a short walk in to the town centres

Last edited:

klaus Knaus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We use this route all the time to get to eastern France (Metz, Nancy)
Great route although the the Belgian road surfaces are not all that good - bonus of cheap fuel in Luxembourg

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
If you want to settle in to a site in Luxemburg, I recommend "Bon Accueil" in Alzingen, Hesperange. 14 Euros(ACCSI), roomy standings, great Toilet block, laundry, etc, free WIFI that works, very short walk outside the gate for bus into town.
My cheapy Chinese sat nav was set up to avoid Toll routes so they were never an issue. Great piece of kit. (y)

DSC_4267.JPG

DSC_4269.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
If you want to settle in to a site in Luxemburg, I recommend "Bon Accueil" in Alzingen, Hesperange. 14 Euros(ACCSI), roomy standings, great Toilet block, laundry, etc, free WIFI that works, very short walk outside the gate for bus into town.
My cheapy Chinese sat nav was set up to avoid Toll routes so they were never an issue. Great piece of kit. (y)

View attachment 64489

View attachment 64490
Plus one for this site.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi :)

Route we have done a few times never in a hurry is Calais/Dunkeruqe/Lille/Valenciennes /Landrecies/La_Capelle/Hirson/Charleville-Mezieres/Stenay. This is a nice route if not in a hurry with a few aires on route. We stop at Stenay as it is on the river La- Meuse. The aire is on the marina with Showers Toilets Washing machines tourist info Beer Museum and a Aldi supermarket to name but a few. Last year €8.50 per night with hookup and water. WiFi at extra cost. It is then a slow drive to Virton/Petange and free motorway to Luxembourg. Nice campsite at Hesperange with bus stop into city. It is then a simple drive to Trier and hundreds of stellplatz up the Mosel.

steve & ann. ---------------- teensvan99:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Free Aire at Namur. In corner of large car park, has facilities. We use it as a first night stop....

Erm...there may well be one at Namur but I really meant this one @ Tournai :(

Link Removed Dark Side.com/tournai-aire-campsite.html

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
My vote also goes to Bon Accueil in Luxembourg - fabulous site and ACSI rate, however get there as early as you can. We stayed 2 nights (didn't want to leave really) and by mid afternoon on both days the site was full. We had the best meal of our whole 7 weeks tour at the Chinese restaurant on the corner by the traffic lights - can't remember what it was called but the nice young lad who runs the site bar will know.
Luxembourg 210515 (7).JPG

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Bon Accueil - me too. Stayed there a couple of times and reception staff are wonderful (especially when they found us a pitch in the pouring rain even though there was a "site full" sign outside!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back