Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Our tour around the North of Ireland is now into its second week. What we have found so far is how friendly the folks are but how unfriendly the Republic is towards motorhome parking!! We find that after finding our way to the beach ALL! car parks have height barriers and no overnighting signs. The North is much more friendly on this and we have found some with service towers. We are now in Belcoo along with 6 Billion midges and yet more RAIN. We will enjoy it! even if it kills us :cheers:

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
I often wonder why local authorities and the tourist board actively deter people who can afford to buy £30000 to £60000 motor homes from stopping and spending in shops and restaurants.

Could only happen in Britain :rolleyes:

In France they're dragging you in.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I often wonder why local authorities and the tourist board actively deter people who can afford to buy £30000 to £60000 motor homes from stopping and spending in shops and restaurants.

Could only happen in Britain :rolleyes:

In France they're dragging you in.

Poster says Northern Ireland is friendly, that is UK
Southern Ireland is not, that is the Republic/Eire
Or have i misread?
Hope south isn't too bad headed there next week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Height barriers here in South Kerry BUT not in use as gates open 24/7.

Plenty of wilding spot too

Kath

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Poster says Northern Ireland is friendly, that is UK
Southern Ireland is not, that is the Republic/Eire
Or have i misread?
Hope south isn't too bad headed there next week.
I did not say the people in the Republic where unfriendly! they are the opposite, very welcoming and friendly! I have just posted the problems with height barriers I have encountered, mainly around Donegal/Sligo areas

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
We are very friendly and welcoming here in the Republic!......It is a pain in the ass alright when the councils put these barriers at car park entrances.....And you wonder why everyone heads to France!

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
But wilding possible everywhere in Southern Ireland.
And, guaranteed if you ask anyone with a bit of land you will be welcomed to stop for the night.
But your point is valid, councils are a PITA regarding height barriers.
Really hope you enjoy your stay, Fermanagh is beautiful.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I did not say the people in the Republic where unfriendly! they are the opposite, very welcoming and friendly! I have just posted the problems with height barriers I have encountered, mainly around Donegal/Sligo areas
Oops badly worded by me, agree height barriers are a pain everywhere, Hope it's not too bad in the Sligo Roscommon area as trying to do a bit of family research. Still campsite and motorbike should work, with the bonus i can have the guiness and john will need to stay sober for the bike. We will be going to Greenore, his grandad's bithplace.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well we are planning a 4 week visit middle of June arriving South and travelling up North to see family and old friends. Just bought Brit Stops and full of places to stop over. Looking forward to "going home" after 30 years..........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back