daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
have you given your motorhome a name.???

mines WHEEZIE.
was thinking about a name and then i saw the american plate and thought thats the one.
bought the plate and there we have it.
the name is very appt for a 26 year old old diesel rv.:RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have had a couple of "betsys" a "slug" a few no names and "the RV", they have all had other names, when bits have broken or stopped working::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The Beast

The Bus

the Moneypit:Doh::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Whatever we have we just call it the van, afraid we don't get emotionally attatched. The only other names I have given to any van in the past would be when they go wrong & then I call them just about everything under the sun & wonder why I ever bought the dam thing :Blush:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Whatever we have we just call it the van, afraid we don't get emotionally attatched. The only other names I have given to any van in the past would be when they go wrong & then I call them just about everything under the sun & wonder why I ever bought the dam thing :Blush:

Hi Ed

Where did your user name come from then?

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Winni.................for obvious reasons ::bigsmile:

My C class was called Matilda and my fist A class was called Elizibeth.

attached?? I even talk to them :roflmto:

Boo

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I'm afraid I seem to have little or no imagination either.
We, (SWMBO) and I call it "The Van" to distinguish it from our car.
Suits us though.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
My user name came from the Swift Kontiki we had in the early 90's. It was just a case of when I was first on the internet & couldn't think of a user name as the site I was trying to register with already had somebody with the user name Ed so I used Kontiki as it was the only name I could see at the time as the van was parked outside the window.
Also liked the idea of the Thor Heyerdal raft the Kontiki - drifting & going where the wind & waves take us, also Kontiki was a a polyenisian sun god. These other reasons came after I had already been using Kontiki or Kon Tiki or Kon_Tiki.

S

SMITHY

Deleted User
Call our RV molly,also had martha...:Smile:

Tony....:Smile:

Lloydie

Free Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 months
We ride a tandem and much to the kids annoyance always call ourselves "Team Numpty". So when we got the van it just had to be called "The Numpty Van". We just call it "Numpty" for short.

Lloyd.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I call mine Abert Ross, (albatross, geddit?)

In good times it floats over vast distances with effortless ease, calmly conveying us to distant lands.

In bad times it feels like the albatross carried for life round the neck of The Ancient Mariner!!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have struggled the last year to come up with a name, sentimental and all that (which i am ::bigsmile:)

We live on a main road where motorhomes often stop to access the local shop opposite us often in summer, one day one motorhome stopped and along it's side in italics was a lovely poem shaped in a wavy pattern ....perfect! if only I could think of something like that, now back to a name, champervan, clampers dampers, hampers etc :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Ours is called Minnie, as we're pretty big disney fans. We always knew we would eventually buy a MH, but had no plans to get one for some years yet. However we decided that we would get one now after speaking to some MH owners on our most recent trip to eurodisney in Feb (valentines). We picked up our MH 4 weeks later!!!

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Have struggled the last year to come up with a name, sentimental and all that (which i am ::bigsmile:)

We live on a main road where motorhomes often stop to access the local shop opposite us often in summer, one day one motorhome stopped and along it's side in italics was a lovely poem shaped in a wavy pattern ....perfect! if only I could think of something like that, now back to a name, champervan, clampers dampers, hampers etc :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What about...
Magnum
Veuve (as in Cliquot)
Buck(s Fizz)
Moet(erhome)

Sorry - got a bit carried away there::bigsmile:.

John

N

Naughty Nigel

Deleted User
obvious really

ours is tinkerbelle since its based on a talbot we have had rosie rover and daisy drifter valerie viva etc all good fun. yippee not long to first jaunt abroad in may naughty Nigel and June

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Call our RV ARIZONA CHIEF, as it come from Arizona when we got it. Pete & Shirl :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Ours is called Freddie after Freddie Laker, because it is a Laika, crap name dont use it that much.

I wanted to call it Freddie Kruger, because it is ugly!!!!

But most of the time I just call it the pain in the ars!

Pat

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
ours , lady jann, ......... :Smile:, after our boating days on the severn avon thames and the sharpness cannal :Smile:

rayval.

for ever young :thumb:

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Ours is the Jefferson Campervan, a play on the name of the rock band Jefferson Airplane.

We named a previous Westy "L'escargot" - but I ripped that off from Lawrence Durrell, the not-quite-British writer who last lived in Sommieres France & drove a Westy with that name.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ours is called Freddie after Freddie Laker, because it is a Laika, crap name dont use it that much.

I wanted to call it Freddie Kruger, because it is ugly!!!!

But most of the time I just call it the pain in the ars!

Pat

You could call it 'Proctalgia' (look it up) :ROFLMAO:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Ours is called Frankie after the Frankia ( not very original ,I know) when she is good and The Van when she costs us money. I always get attached to all our cars and sob when they have to go. Frankie always says hello so I have to talk to her, don't I ?
Lucille

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Our RMB [ second home] is called SAGA the 3rd . Saga 1st was a folk Boat. Saga 2nd is a Hunter 19 [ a squib with a lid ] . We still have her, but intend to reluctantly sell her. We are too old to be leaping about on a high performance yacht [ or so rosalie insists, HWMBO].
Why Saga ?, they all are, or were the the sorse of our adventures in life.
Some of us old enough will remember the advetures of 'Nogin the Nog .

Pudseykeith and Rosalie

Last edited:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Ours is called BARBY .I bought a number plate about 10 years ago for my wife Barbaras birthday we had it on the cars so they were BARBY . The plate has been transfered to both our RVs The Plate is B6BRY.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
What an idiot ! I should preview the post first, after all this time you would think I would no the number correctly, it is B6RBY :Doh::Doh:
Old age and senility is a pain in the a--e.

skylark_irl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Ours is called Skylark - as in "All aboard the Skylark" - a hark back to my childhood and a cartoon called Noah & Nelly.

With all the rain in Ireland, sometimes I feel like Noah climbing into the ark!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back