Funsters For Action (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi all after reading many threads on the "inconsideration" of Motorhomes/Campervans misuse and abuse of sites and other areas regarding dumping rubbish grey waste etc,would it be possible if some talented Funster could design a poster that we could place in our windows(cabs) depicting a Motorhome with tics showing correct disposal and crosses for illegal disposal.
The picture should be like simple(similar road sign design).
I would be more than happy to have them on view in my van when parked amongst the inconsiderate
B**steds.
I would at least feel we were trying to do something(y)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
... and could sneak them under their windscreen wipers when they're out! :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Add to that;
Smoking near other people especially when eating
Wearing socks with sandals
Playing loud music
Parking on the pavement
Not saying thank you, excuse me or please
Taking up multiple parking spaces in the supermarket

If people want to set themselves up as self appointed Motorhome police than so be it
But if anyone plans to stick a notice on my van whilst I'm out, they'd better be able to run fast...

Last edited by a moderator:

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
Add to that;
Smoking near other people especially when eating
Wearing socks with sandals
Playing loud music
Parking on the pavement
Not saying thank you, excuse me or please
Taking up multiple parking spaces in the supermarket

If people want yo set themselves up as self appointed Motorhome police than so be it
But if anyone plans to stick a notice on my van whilst I'm out, they'd better be able to run fast...
You forgot about THE FRENCHIES who park so close and never on the end . STAN

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hey up how about different posters for different countries include wales in that one or the North /South devide. tick boxes for southerner accents ect.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Many,many years ago,while camping in Mately Wood,New Forest,a "Chinese 6" converted old coach pulled in and parked, painted on the side was.
"Poisonous snakes on board-NO antidote carried" They were a lovely couple,fulltiming then,they had been everywhere,with their children while they were young,and had come back to England to set one of their lads up in business.
If this rings any bells,they had been right up to the Syrian border all those years ago in a converted Mk1 Transit,i think they originally came from Huddersfield area Yorkshire,any of you "Old Gearjammers" remember them ?...... It was YEARS ago,LOL but worth a punt.
Tea Bag.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Krays.jpg

S H O W
R E S P E C T

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My laminated rally sign is always on display in my van and I hope this indicates to people that I am a responsible motorhomer. If I was considered to be doing something unacceptable I could probably be traced via this website and named and shamed!! Just a thought: if all Funsters play by the rules then displaying your membership will surely be a good thing. Just be mindful of the grey waste trickle!!!

Reactions: CWH

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think you would or could end up with tick box sign`s in every window to cover every gripe...

Why not a smiley type sign just saying " I dispose of "Waste" considerately" ..... if you have to have a sign... :)

Reactions: CWH

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's a nice idea but trying to teach the rest of the world manners is as futile as trying to teach them to drive, i.e. blowing your horn at perceived bad driving. There are just too many of them out there, limitless numbers in my experience. Misuse of recycling bins gets up my nose but I don't get worked up any more if people put the wrong stuff in the bins. The ignorant, like the poor are always with us.

There, I feel better now. Nothing like a group therapy session on MHF!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
spoilsport :(
No need to worry I'm not the runner I used to be
Like you, other people's bad behaviour drives me MAD, but on the other hand, being told how to live my life is also very frustrating
Sometimes it's better to just turn blind eye to other people's inconsiderate behaviour and get on with the FUN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back