Free Member
May 25, 2015
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Since 2006
I currently own a Swift Suntour 630 L. It is 6 berth with a u shaped lounge. It's the only camper I've owned and I love it as do my wife and two young girls. Well, apart from two things which have surfaced over the past year or so.
I'm desperate for more storage and would love a garage and my wife is so fed up of making up beds all the time so she would love a fixed bed.
I thought this would be a straightforward problem to resolve. Having a garage usually results in a fixed bed, so there you go.
Not so fast.....I went to Marquis at the weekend and said basically that I wanted something similar to what I have; over cab bed, fixed bed, garage, but a comfortable place to relax too. Plus seat belts for my girls in the back.
Apparently this isn't as easy as I thought.
I'm actually viewing the new Benimar Mileo 243 on Sunday but I'm worried I'm going to miss my comfy lounge.
Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.
And any thoughts on the new Benimar range would also be appreciated.
Many thanks.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We changed our MH to one that has the U shaped lounge. Its perfect for us and takes just a couple of minutes to make bed up. Theres always sacrifices to be made whatever you choose. Dont think I would give up our lounge area especially if there are 4 of you.

OP
OP
Russ Taz

Russ Taz

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Since 2006
We changed our MH to one that has the U shaped lounge. Its perfect for us and takes just a couple of minutes to make bed up. Theres always sacrifices to be made whatever you choose. Dont think I would give up our lounge area especially if there are 4 of you.
That's a fair point and my biggest concern.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I had a Benimar with a fixed bed. Yes you can leave the bed made up but it's an awful waste of space for day time.
I now build my bed, takes a minute. I sleep on one duvet ( saves faffing around with sheets) with another duvet over me, same as I did with fixed bed.
With several of you in the motorhome I think you'll be hard pushed to improve on the comfort of a u shaped lounge.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,we were in a few Benimar vans at Marquis at Preston they were nice vans but the finish inside was like a style statement, nice to look at but very impractical in the seating area all the wear surfaces were white or cream I dont know if they had been treated with a stain repellant coating but if not that would be one the first things to consider especially if you are like me a clumsy claude especially with red wine .(y)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We briefly looked at the Benimars at the NEC in October last year and were not impressed with the payload - so would be worth checking upfront - we found it was a deal breaker on many motorhomes if you are trying to remain below 3500Kgs

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We looked at the Benimar in Golden Cross too. Didn't suit us as the lounge area was small and kitchen quite cramped.
As others have said it is all about compromise. We ended up with the Swift Bolero FB but no garage.

OP
OP
Russ Taz

Russ Taz

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Since 2006
Hi and welcome .
Hi,we were in a few Benimar vans at Marquis at Preston they were nice vans but the finish inside was like a style statement, nice to look at but very impractical in the seating area all the wear surfaces were white or cream I dont know if they had been treated with a stain repellant coating but if not that would be one the first things to consider especially if you are like me a clumsy claude especially with red wine .(y)

Well thank you all so much for your replies.
I'm seriously impressed with the response, being a newbie and all.
I'm starting to think that my lovely u shaped lounge would be seriously missed.
I will still look at the Benimar on Sunday as I have an appointment but I know what you mean about the cream upholstery.
Perhaps making up a bed isn't such a big deal. Yes a garage would be nice but I do have a roof box.
You've all made me have serious second thoughts. Probably for the best.
Thank you all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could consider an 'A' class with fixed rear bunks and a drop down bed at the front - if you wanted to use the bottom bunk 'tipped up' to form a small garage area, then one of your kids could sleep on the lounge sofa underneath the drop down one ... something like the Hymer B524 SL. Also you'd find that the kids would use their own beds as extra lounging/play space so rather than having just one 'lounging' area you'd end up with 2.

http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/stock/2826/pixindex.html

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Drop down beds like Chausson , leave it made up and crank it up to the roof????

OP
OP
Russ Taz

Russ Taz

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Since 2006
You could consider an 'A' class with fixed rear bunks and a drop down bed at the front - if you wanted to use the bottom bunk 'tipped up' to form a small garage area, then one of your kids could sleep on the lounge sofa underneath the drop down one ... something like the Hymer B524 SL. Also you'd find that the kids would use their own beds as extra lounging/play space so rather than having just one 'lounging' area you'd end up with 2.

http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/stock/2826/pixindex.html[/

OP
OP
Russ Taz

Russ Taz

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Since 2006

http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/stock/2826/pixindex.html[/
Drop down beds like Chausson , leave it made up and crank it up to the roof????
Will google the Chausson. Thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back