Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD faulty horn, help needed (1 Viewer)

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
My vehicle has recently developed a strange fault on the horn. When the steering wheel is anywhere left of straight ahead the horn works fine. However anywhere to the right of straight ahead, no horn. Any ideas appreciated as an MOT is looming.
Regards, Desperate Dave

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My vehicle has recently developed a strange fault on the horn. When the steering wheel is anywhere left of straight ahead the horn works fine. However anywhere to the right of straight ahead, no horn. Any ideas appreciated as an MOT is looming.
Regards, Desperate Dave
Broken/loose wire in steering wheel /cowl/horn push:thumb:
Geo

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Regards, Desperate Dave

Not sure how these work but it may be a circular contact under the steering wheel somewher, I am sure greasy spanner Geo knows.

If not just make sure the wheel is turned the right way when its tested:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but to be honest I dont remember any one testing any horns on my cars!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
Not sure how these work but it may be a circular contact under the steering wheel somewher, I am sure greasy spanner Geo knows.

If not just make sure the wheel is turned the right way when its tested:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but to be honest I dont remember any one testing any horns on my cars!

Peter
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I will not be driving the vehicle on to the ramps when tested so cant control position of the wheel. I thought rightly or wrongly that the horn was part of the MOT. I know when I have taken other vehicles for test they usually try the horn as they enter the test bay.
Dave

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Peter
Still got that Morris Minor Peter??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Circular contact Under the steering wheel:Doh:
Geo

D

dutchy

Deleted User
Horn

HI
not sure what year you model is ,but on mine Ducato 2001 there is a circular contact ring on which a kind of sprung steel contact runs along , on mine it was just a matter of bending it down a little ,as it had lost some contact but bending it down a little did the job
Hope this helps
dutchy

OP
OP
C

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
HI
not sure what year you model is ,but on mine Ducato 2001 there is a circular contact ring on which a kind of sprung steel contact runs along , on mine it was just a matter of bending it down a little ,as it had lost some contact but bending it down a little did the job
Hope this helps
dutchy
Thanks for that mine is a 2002 so probably exactly the same as yours. Got to get a socket spanner now big enough to tackle the big nut (Thats the big nut on the wheel not the big nut operating the spanner):ROFLMAO:
Dave

D

dutchy

Deleted User
Horn

HI
Yes i would think its the same model too, mine is a cheyenne allso,it has been fine for 2 mot tests now so i,m sure thats your problem, i believe its quite common
Cheers
Dutchy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
but to be honest I dont remember any one testing any horns on my cars!

Peter

ya know...your right!

i usually get the pleasure of sitting in pushing pedals and flicking switches at test time and iv never been asked to sound the horn...motorhome, pickup or car:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back