Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
I have been looking and interested at this and wondered if anyone has any dealings or experience of their conversions. It looks a good package to me but others may know different.

Link Removed

They also claim that all electric power is supplied by a self charging inverter and leisure battery system.........is that feasable?

any comments would be appreciated

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry but no experience with these converters but i dont see how they can claim "NO HOOKUPS ---EVER!"

the way it sounds is like perpetual motion.....inverter powers charger, charger charges battery, battery powers inverter, inverter pow...... it cant be achieved. (yet!!)

inverters are power hungry and it would mean starting and running the engine for a considerable amount time every day to top up the batteries or a very large solar panel.

also, their websites a bit basic and vague.

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
they look ok but as said a bit vague

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Seems you also get a certain brand of washing powder included:

FREEVIEW & ARIEL ! :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of the old adage, ...one chance to impress:Doh:

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Thanks for your thoughts

I have found a similar conversion company Link Removed

They are offering the same sort of thing at similar money. At least they include electric Hookup. As already said the price seems reasonable compared to big name conversion cos but still woudn't want to part with £18k to buy a poorly fitted vehicle

Anybody know of other people/companies that would do similar sort of conversion that would be worth speaking to. Who might be able to show models already converted.

Garry

Last edited:

homenaway

Free Member
Nov 16, 2008
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
12+
. . . Anybody know of other people/companies that would do similar sort of conversion that would be worth speaking to. Who might be able to show models already converted.

Garry

We came across Shire Conversions at the Newark Show. Had a chat with them but no more details but the one they had on display looked well finished. I understand they are former IH Campers employees and based in Kottingley.

Link Removed

Steve

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi

We had our van converted by two skilled fellas starting their own business that had been working for another company that does converting, we are very thrilled with what they done, we are hoping next for them to respray and do the graphics on it ::bigsmile:

We had no probs with the DVLA, paperwork back in two weeks, rare I know

They will do as much or as little as you would like on your vehicle
if any help pm me and will get a pic to you

champers

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
also, their websites a bit basic and vague.

Have to agree 100% with that and they don't seem to include the one most important piece of information where they are based!!

They talk about meeting a representative which probably means in your home, images of the typical double glazing salesman come to mind.

I think I will be very careful on them, I don't believe their 4 week delivery, the 'no hook ups ever' is just silly, and without knowing where they are (So I can visit the workshop and see with my own eyes what they can do) I would give them a miss.

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Anybody know of other people/companies that would do similar sort of conversion that would be worth speaking to. Who might be able to show models already converted.

Garry, I am also looking to get a new MH and thinking seriously about a panel van conversion, my needs are bit different to what most people want so it seems the way to go. I'm considering:-
Wyvern Leisure - Shepton Mallet
NuVenture - Wigan
Youngs - Milton Keynes
All of them welcome visitors to their works and have demonstration vehicles available, have you looked at any of them ????

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Losos,

Thank you for your comments. Your thoughts are mirroring mine and are ringing alarm bells at the thought of going any further with these people.

I have looked at other companies including the ones you have added. They certainly look much more reliable although of course dearer :Doh: Hence my asking if anyone has experience of them.

I guess that the old adage of "it it looks too good to be true, it probably is" might be relevant here.

I will try and gather more info before going anywhere near them for the time being.

thanks again

Garry

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Their statement of 'No Hook Ups' could mean they are fitting something like the Link Removed but I believe they are very expensive.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Their statement of 'No Hook Ups' could mean they are fitting something like the Link Removed but I believe they are very expensive.

hi Ed,
cant see where Garry got the info but he states they fit a 'self charging inverter'

that sounds like in my first post.....battery> inverter> battery > inverter>batte...................perpetual power.
they should drop the comvertion side of the business and concentrate on marketing the power supply......rich within days.:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
He's on eBay ..

Link Removed

Check his feedback ... this looks fishy to me.. would a genuine van converter be flogging clothes .. :RollEyes:

and a mobile for a company contact

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
He's on eBay ..

Link Removed

Check his feedback ... this looks fishy to me.. would a genuine van converter be flogging clothes .. :RollEyes:

and a mobile for a company contact

yes it does.......the hook, the line and the sinker.:Blush:
that'll be a LARGE deposit please, see you around (NOT):Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back