Swift Factory Closed? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I phoned my dealer today to push for a delivery date for our new Swift Bolero and was told that the factory is closed untill 6th June for summer holidays:Eeek:
Can anybody tell me if this is a fact or am I being fed a line???

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Last year their three week shutdown included August, so yes, it does seem very early.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Taken from the Swift-Talk forum:

Our Factories close for our Whitsun Holidays on Thursday 21st May and re-opens on Monday 8th June.

During this period, we have staff working to monitor the forums and operate in our Customer Service and aftersales teams. If you have any urgent queries you can still contact your dealer or us through the normal channels, although some responses may take slightly longer than normal to respond,

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Taken from the Swift-Talk forum:

Our Factories close for our Whitsun Holidays on Thursday 21st May and re-opens on Monday 8th June.

During this period, we have staff working to monitor the forums and operate in our Customer Service and aftersales teams. If you have any urgent queries you can still contact your dealer or us through the normal channels, although some responses may take slightly longer than normal to respond,
Thanks for putting my mind at rest Mel (y)
It's just that when I ordered in January, I was given an estimated delivery date of mid June. That's not going to happen is it :crying::crying:

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
I just ordered some stuff from Auto Trail on line shop; had an email saying it had been processed but wouldn't be dispatched until 2nd June due to annual shut down.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
That's why new motor homes cost so much they pay them to much and give them to much payed leave when do they shut down for Christmas September :LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for putting my mind at rest Mel (y)
It's just that when I ordered in January, I was given an estimated delivery date of mid June. That's not going to happen is it :crying::crying:

Out of interest is that estimated delivery in writing, if it is doesn't that really pi55 you off, somebody would have known it couldn't happen, why not just be honest or more importantly realistic :mad:

hope it is not too late (y)

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Out of interest is that estimated delivery in writing, if it is doesn't that really pi55 you off, somebody would have known it couldn't happen, why not just be honest or more importantly realistic :mad:

hope it is not too late (y)
No not in writing David. :mad:
I'm sure they must have known it wasn't realistic and, as you said, I would much prefer an honest estimate even if it is a longer wait. I wouldn't have sold my AT Tracker if I'd known we were going to be without for more that 3 weeks.
I will be pushing very regularly after the return to work on 8th June for a firm date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back