May 26, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
7 years
Hello everyone
This is my first post on these forums and I'm hoping that some of you may be able to offer advice regarding buying a secondhand LHD motorhome from a dealer in Germany. In particular, I'm planning to do a trip around a few of the larger secondhand dealers. Can anyone recommend any showrooms/ dealers who keep large amounts of stock that it would be worth us dropping in on?
Any details would be appreciated. Thankyou.

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Hiya, just been myself 3 weeks ago. Steer clear of Wohnmobile Galerie just north of Hamburg. Hymer-Zentrum near dusseldorf is where I picked mine from and I had excellent service from Maria who runs the place (and is 77!)

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
check out www. mobile de. this should give you a good idea of the type and amount of stock that is carried by the german dealers and their location .the search facility at the top of the page should help you with any insurance/ re registering questions . good luck garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hiya, just been myself 3 weeks ago. Steer clear of Wohnmobile Galerie just north of Hamburg. Hymer-Zentrum near dusseldorf is where I picked mine from and I had excellent service from Maria who runs the place (and is 77!)

What are your reasons for this advice?..... Seem to have some nice, well priced vans. Any others prepared to confirm this advice/comment or dispute it perhaps?

Bryan

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
What are your reasons for this advice?..... Seem to have some nice, well priced vans. Any others prepared to confirm this advice/comment or dispute it perhaps?

Bryan

It's my opinion and I offered it up having dealt with them. Have you dealt with them at all - or are you basing your opinion on a quick scan of their website? Just curious.

My reasons which a numerous although the unhelpful nature of their staff was the main reason. Unanswered emails, refusal to send any pics of specific items, no negotiation - I even offered them a 500 euro non refundable deposit on a vehicle so that I didn't have a wasted flight over. This was refused. Whilst they may have a nice website and a selection of vehicles in stock my impression was that this (together with how they are presented) was to take the buyers eye away from a plethora of problems.

Oh, and plenty of Scandinavian websites out there also have a steer clear message of this particular dealer, as does a Bundesvan customer who went to see a S820 Hymer who described it as 'not fit for sale'.

OP
OP
B

Beauts

Free Member
May 26, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
7 years
Thanks guys
I guess I was hoping there were a few, maybe 4 or 5 big secondhand showrooms around the country that I could do a circuit of, or maybe a part of the country where there are a few big ones In a concentrated area that would give us a good chance to find something. I'll take a look at the sites you've recommended.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
It's my opinion and I offered it up having dealt with them. Have you dealt with them at all - or are you basing your opinion on a quick scan of their website? Just curious.

My reasons which a numerous although the unhelpful nature of their staff was the main reason. Unanswered emails, refusal to send any pics of specific items, no negotiation - I even offered them a 500 euro non refundable deposit on a vehicle so that I didn't have a wasted flight over. This was refused. Whilst they may have a nice website and a selection of vehicles in stock my impression was that this (together with how they are presented) was to take the buyers eye away from a plethora of problems.

Oh, and plenty of Scandinavian websites out there also have a steer clear message of this particular dealer, as does a Bundesvan customer who went to see a S820 Hymer who described it as 'not fit for sale'.

Suggest you read my response to the OP, you will see no opinion contained therein other than a comment regarding their web site content....which can of course be deceiving. My post was simply a request for further information as I MIGHT have been considering dealing with this organisation. Coming onto the forum and dropping "Steer clear of Wohnmobile Galerie just north of Hamburg", is less than helpful...such comments really need a degree of elaboration for those who read your comments !!!

(Puzzled) Bryan

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Coming onto the forum and dropping "Steer clear of Wohnmobile Galerie just north of Hamburg", is less than helpful...

(Puzzled) Bryan

Au contrarie mon ami.

A clear statement like that, in my view, is actually very helpful. But - feel free to ignore my advice and fill your boots.

*insert smiley*

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back