Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
After a brilliant almost three months in Spain we now need to be thinking about getting home and sorting the garden out :(.

Want to have another meander through France and looking at heading up from Valencia, Zaragoza, Huesca. Then a couple of nights at Camping Gavin acsi 2551 before crossing through the Somport.

Then there are no shortage of aires and acsi sites up through Pau to Bordeaux.

Not a lot of stopovers I can see though on the Spanish side from Valencia. I'm sure many have travelled this route though and may have some recommendations? ;)

Cheers Dave

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
No there is not much on Spanish side of tunnel...and why I pushed through even though I had driven from Benidorm that day. stopped @ this Aire in a nice little town

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...e/9777/motorhome-parking-aire-municipale.aspx

I intended to stop at this one in Jaca? but ended up by side of a park car park with height barriers..in retrospect I think I missed the camperstop and was to tired to work it out.....had a rest and pushed on through tunnel which was a far better idea in retrospect, as i had a nice Italian meal in town :)

http://www.campercontact.com/en/spa...otorhome-parking-parking-de-membrilleras.aspx

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
That's a lot of driving Eddie in the one day. I'lI probably split it travelling between Camping Gavin and Navajas north of Valencia. We're not in a great hurry to get back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That's a lot of driving Eddie in the one day. I'lI probably split it travelling between Camping Gavin and Navajas north of Valencia. We're not in a great hurry to get back!

I like pushing on and getting it done..not much else to do when driving alone.(wife flew home previously for work) Have my music and audio books for company and have plenty of stops for walks and coffee!. Easy day up to twin lakes next day:)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We did Pau to Valencia in a day, with a few hours snooze in a layby.

Not particularly by choice, from memory there weren't too many stopover options without a significant detour from the route (travelling E7 / A23).

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
There is an Aire at Sabinanigo just off the E7.
42.505833, -0.356666
4 Euros/night including electricity.
I have not stopped there myself so unable to recommend or otherwise.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
No there is not much on Spanish side of tunnel...and why I pushed through even though I had driven from Benidorm that day. stopped @ this Aire in a nice little town

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...e/9777/motorhome-parking-aire-municipale.aspx

I intended to stop at this one in Jaca? but ended up by side of a park car park with height barriers..in retrospect I think I missed the camperstop and was to tired to work it out.....had a rest and pushed on through tunnel which was a far better idea in retrospect, as i had a nice Italian meal in town :)

http://www.campercontact.com/en/spa...otorhome-parking-parking-de-membrilleras.aspx

Jaca: yes I def ended up in wrong spot. this would have done if I had found it!:(

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...hkTBNPaaarm-63w!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0!6m1!1e1

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We stopped at Medinaceli City on our way up last October, beautiful place but mainly closed when we went, but it was cold and we didn't look for long, I think would be very nice when warmer (and open) free aire, twisty road up to medieval town above town of Medinaceli, worth the trouble in our opinion

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/granada-and-back-with-broken-fridge-door.94904/page-4

posted here with photos, post 71, sorry can't find a way to show single entry (y)something else I need to learn to do :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you looked at the campercontact app? It lists places in Zaragoza, Huesca, Jaca and the one in Sabaninigo which has facilities apparently, unlike the others.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Don't mention Pau to me !! ****### sat nav put me in a dedicated bus lane between two low walls with a French bus behind me leaning on his horn for what seemed like ages :eek:
Pau is also not my favourite place. I am not convinced that driving through the centre is quicker than taking the HGV route round the outskirts of the town. I always seem to catch every set of traffic lights on red. Must be about 40 sets of lights :mad:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
All the fuel stations off the dual carriageway towards Zaragoza/Huesca have large amounts of parking mainly as the Guardia use them in winter to park the vehicles up when it is snowing.
The fuel station/Bar /rest area at the junction prior to the first Teruel turn-off ( Travelling from Valencia direction ) has parking behind where most stop overnight.
The first exit for Teruel if you take it & head towards Teruel there is a picnic/rest area on the right ok for overnighting. Any of the others towards Zaragoza & then up towards Huesca have large amounts of dedicated parking as I stated .
The only real problem with them all is that they are not directly exited from the dual carriageway & so it is a case of having to make the decision to leave & see what it's like.

helen oliver

Free Member
May 31, 2015
benidorm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We always stop in the town of Daroca and stay overnight in a car park. Feels much safer than sleeping in a garage car park on the A23 otherwise camping Gavin is OK..

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We stayed on the aire at Berriozar Pamplona before heading off towards Jaca and the Somport tunnel the day after.
Broke the journey up nicely(y)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We just came back from Spain via the pass beginning near Ainsa in Spain.

Stayed a couple of nights at http://www.penamontanesa.com/.

Nice site along side the river Rio Cinca (y)

Road gets a bit interesting when you come out of the tunnel into France though :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back