Zenec Sat Nav - No Satellites Being Found (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of this sat nav?

Ever since I picked it up in Germany it has failed to pick up GPS and displays "looking for satellite" (or similar).

I have updated the software - but not the navigation side of things (mainly as I can't find a big enough usb at home).

Some searching has thrown up that a lower voltage (my starter battery needs replacing) there can be some issues - although this error was happening throughout our 300 odd mile drive back to the UK, so one would have thought that the battery would have been fully topped up.

I will be changing the starter battery in the next week or so, then updating the navigation software (which I believe is just maps) - but any experience this?

It's no biggie but as this is a built in MH sat nav seems a shame to not get it used.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Have you checked that the GPS antenna is plugged in correctly?

Pass. I assumed it was a built in unit. Any ideas where it may be?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Would Echo the above. It's not a very well protected plug on these units and sticks out the back somewhat. Other than that or a faulty antenna, nothing daft like something covering the antenna? Might be worth popping the unit out and checking. Don't think it would be country dependent. I've just had a look at the settings on mine and just seems plug and play.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Is this a built in satnav or a free-standing one? If it's built into the central console of the dashboard then I would have guessed that it has a separate GPS antenna that plugs into the back of the unit. However, I'm talking from ignorance here!

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Would Echo the above. It's not a very well protected plug on these units and sticks out the back somewhat. Other than that or a faulty antenna, nothing daft like something covering the antenna? Might be worth popping the unit out and checking. Don't think it would be country dependent. I've just had a look at the settings on mine and just seems plug and play.

Well I'll look underneath where I saw the usb for the update. Can you shed some light on the best way to pop the unit out as knowing me I'll use brute force and ignorance and break something.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
You can use a plastic lever from the bottom and they pop out quite easily.

Here's a link to the installation manual. Page 4

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Brilliant thanks. I just need a plastic prying tool. Will look online.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looks to me you have to download new maps to an SD card Via a PC/laptop internet connection.
there is a slot below the screen with the legend MAP writen on it.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Looks to me you have to download new maps to an SD card Via a PC/laptop internet connection.
there is a slot below the screen with the legend MAP writen on it.

Won't go into nav mode without SD card inserted. So if it's looking for sats it must be in nav mode?

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
I know. I've been unsuccessfully raming things in there. I've decided to do the sensible thing and wait until these tools turn up.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Tools turned up today. Didn't bank on them having to make their way from China. Popped out the unit and it did indeed happen to be a loose wire. I has sat nav. A pretty good one too by the looks of it! Thanks to all that helped :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back