A Few Days In Devon (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I'm heading down this evening and looking for some recommendations. I've been many time but always open to new ideas.

Tonight I fancy somewhere quiet along the Poole/Weymouth route. Pub, Aire, car park or cheap campsite.
Must be near the beach.

Staying Sunday in Colyton with a pal, so need something similar to above for Monday night, somewhere between Bere Regis and Sidmouth.

And any places to visit on route.

Will be just me and Elvis so dog-friendly needed :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Err Poole/Weymouth are in Dorset, never mind the locals are still friendly, just not the same cider.:D:D have a good break.
Oh well, I'm heading for Devon :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There's a car park right on Chesil Beach at West Bexington. We've used it for a lunch stop and I am sure you could overnight on it as it will be used by anglers fishing on the beach. Pub a short stagger away and public loos.

Only downside is the lanes are a bit narrow on the approach, but doable if you don't have a monster MH. If you do then approach from the A35 after Bridport, turning left after the second roundabout, signposted Burton Bradstock, B3157. On second thoughts, this is probably the best route irrespective of size of MH.

Last edited:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Yorrick,
Try the Bridport CCC site - did that a fortnight ago and fantastic for dogs. Huge wooded area with river - I let our two off and sat there for ages as the pair went on adventure, best dog facilities I've seen. The site is good, has a small bar/eatery and is on the main drag to Bridport. We caught a bus right outside site into the town and walked to West bay - gorgeous walk.
Have fun.

Trikeman.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've found a free car park with stunning view.

guess where?

Attachments

• 20150523_195714.jpg
    20150523_195714.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 45
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Welcome Devon and my home town of Colyton (Nice pubs "Kingfisher" Colyton, "Wheelright" Colyford, "The Anchor" Beer, "Fountain's Head" Branscombe) Lots to see around here, Axe wetlands and Seaton - Colyford -Colyton tramway. If you are a member of "Britstops" excellent stop at no 43. Seaton for a very quite seaside town. Beer for the real Devon fishing village. Branscombe has the longest street in the UK! but take care Branscombe has very narrow lanes. Sidmouth a very laid back Victorian town ("posh Sidmouth") While travelling through Dorset make sure you visit Lyme Regis which was the setting for the film French Lieutenant's Women.
Hope this is of help.
What van do you drive I will look out for you. Any other help I can give, please PM me.

colyboy

ps Nice very basic CCC five site in Colyton.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Welcome Devon and my home town of Colyton (Nice pubs "Kingfisher" Colyton, "Wheelright" Colyford, "The Anchor" Beer, "Fountain's Head" Branscombe) Lots to see around here, Axe wetlands and Seaton - Colyford -Colyton tramway. If you are a member of "Britstops" excellent stop at no 43. Seaton for a very quite seaside town. Beer for the real Devon fishing village. Branscombe has the longest street in the UK! but take care Branscombe has very narrow lanes. Sidmouth a very laid back Victorian town ("posh Sidmouth") While travelling through Dorset make sure you visit Lyme Regis which was the setting for the film French Lieutenant's Women.
Hope this is of help.
What van do you drive I will look out for you. Any other help I can give, please PM me.

colyboy

ps Nice very basic CCC five site in Colyton.
I'll camp by my pal's house. In a converted Transit :)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
There's a car park right on Chesil Beach at West Bexington. We've used it for a lunch stop and I am sure you could overnight on it as it will be used by anglers fishing on the beach. Pub a short stagger away and public loos.

have fished there and got away with parking overnight ,but meters from 8am I believe but notices no sleeping :whistle:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.6...!1e1!3m2!1sPhcfXoOccqU7f-PmHo42pQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots

Only downside is the lanes are a bit narrow on the approach, but doable if you don't have a monster MH. If you do then approach from the A35 after Bridport, turning left after the second roundabout, signposted Burton Bradstock, B3157. On second thoughts, this is probably the best route irrespective of size of MH.
Been there to visit many times, but no overnight camping :(

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back