Fiat Engine Identification And Other Useful Stuff Using The Vin (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I was trying to establish exactly what engine was fitted and other technical details.. It's all available using your VIN number on the Fiat site ..

Enter VIN and enjoy.. (just for anoraks )

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...INDOW_ID=1&KEY=HOME&EPER_CAT=SP&MAKE=F&SBMK=F

On Page one you see this (I've blocked my details in red)
Capture1.PNG

Next page a diagram and list of all parts

Capture2.PNG

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Hi Jim,

Thanks for this. Do you happen to know whether there is a different version available for later models? I can't seem to find anything starting with X250, and both VIN that I have access to are showing "Chassis number: Value not found" for 2008 and 2010 models. It looks to me as though this particular site stops earlier than these. Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a Peugeot based van 2007 , 2006 version, putting in vin details doesn't work anywhere, comes up with a timing chain but in fact it has a belt, when I wanted the belt changing , every garage I rang said it hasn't got one , one even with the van on the forecourt just wouldn't have it , just kept looking at Peugeot site and showing me as if I was daft, til I got him out to look, then said he couldn't do it because he didn't know what it had got, so we ended up doing it ourselves, got it off and took it in and it is the model before the vin plate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim,

Thanks for this. Do you happen to know whether there is a different version available for later models? I can't seem to find anything starting with X250, and both VIN that I have access to are showing "Chassis number: Value not found" for 2008 and 2010 models. It looks to me as though this particular site stops earlier than these. Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen

Hi Stephen.. sorry, I missed your post..

sorry.. can't help further

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@ScotJimland

Thanks Jim, funny thing, it comes up with a different engine no to whats in my log booko_O does it do the same to you??
That's just the same as mine, as I said in an earlier post, is yours 06/07 seems abit of a changeover model, still the 06 body but bits of the newer engine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back