Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hello, can anyone recommend a site next/near to lake Luzern please? Within 2 miles of the wooden bridge so we can bike in preferably. Thanks in anticipation.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I can't find Lake Luzern on google, do you mean Lake Lucerne in Switzerland?

or Lake Lausanne in France?

Both lakes are huge, but I don't know about the wooden bridge, so I am guessing you mean Lucerne which we don't know very well

Lovely part of the world though :)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
this got me intrigued, I now know that Luzern is an alternative spelling for Lucerne, I also found your bridge, cant believe I hadn't heard of it, looks amazing

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/old-city-chapel-bridge-water-tower-lucerne.html

there is even a link to campsites on this link, obviously I have never stayed on any, but hope it helps

I depend on google for a lot of info when travelling (y)

hopefully someone on here will have stayed near

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
This has come up before. The recommendation I'm going for in the summer, on the way to Italy, is Camping International Lido Luzern. Google it for the location. They don't accept advance bookings. You have to turn up and they say they will fit you in.

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
This has come up before. The recommendation I'm going for in the summer, on the way to Italy, is Camping International Lido Luzern. Google it for the location. They don't accept advance bookings. You have to turn up and they say they will fit you in.
Yes that seems to be right, i phoned them yesterday, 50 euro a night, breathe in, no advance bookings accepted we should be there this afternoon moving up from lake maggiore. Thanks everyone for replies. Will post a PIC as soon as.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hello, can anyone recommend a site next/near to lake Luzern please? Within 2 miles of the wooden bridge so we can bike in preferably. Thanks in anticipation.
Somewhere near a bank considering their ludicrous prices !:swear2::swear2:

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Stayed there for 4 weeks last year due to work. Nice enough site next to transport museum. Nice food in the restaurant on site. Lovely walk around the lake to the centre and the wooden bridge (30 mins). Lovely area but typically expensive as is most of Switzerland.

Can get abus from in front of the transport museum to take you to town if u don't want to walk the lake route. Some lovely restaurants along by the bridge .

Have a good time

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'll third the Luzern Lido campsite - very handy for town centre and Verkershaus Transport Museum, where (when we were last there) they had free kids' scooters for getting around from gallery to gallery - great fun. There's also the Lido.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Forgot to say if your in luzern for the day and need some shopping there's a supermarket underneath the railway station . Then you can get a bus back to the transport museum with your shopping

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Stayed there for 4 weeks last year due to work. Nice enough site next to transport museum. Nice food in the restaurant on site. Lovely walk around the lake to the centre and the wooden bridge (30 mins). Lovely area but typically expensive as is most of Switzerland.

Can get abus from in front of the transport museum to take you to town if u don't want to walk the lake route. Some lovely restaurants along by the bridge .

Have a good time

Or hop on the ferry's. Sites OK get there early as it fills up.... don't remember it being that price!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It won't be that price. They don't use the Euro in Switzerland! According to their website if you're under 5000kg it's CH20 which at current rate is €19.24. It's CH30 if you're over 5000kg

That makes far more sense. Have stayed in Switzerland many times and campsites are ususally not that expensive...

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
That's what she quoted me on the phone yesterday. 50euro We'll soon see. Apparently they accept euros and credit cards. Wonder why?

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
I can't find Lake Luzern on google, do you mean Lake Lucerne in Switzerland?

or Lake Lausanne in France?

Both lakes are huge, but I don't know about the wooden bridge, so I am guessing you mean Lucerne which we don't know very well

Lovely part of the world though :)

Think you mean lake leman, lausanne is a large town beside that lake;) worked there many many years ago

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Think you mean lake leman, lausanne is a large town beside that lake;) worked there many many years ago

There is a famous quote from Abraham Lincoln along the lines of saying nothing and looking daft, or say something and remove any doubt

I always hope that at least others might gain from my foot in mouth moments :D(y)

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
There is a famous quote from Abraham Lincoln along the lines of saying nothing and looking daft, or say something and remove any doubt

I always hope that at least others might gain from my foot in mouth moments :D(y)
I make plenty. Wasnt trying to be cleverclogs :)

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Well, we are here, large site and not really my kind of site but we want to see Lucerne/Luzern. So its an ideal base.

Here is the price list, its dated 2014 but its current and confirms what she said on the phone. 49.80 CHF includes ehu and tax. Sorry @scousebird nowt left for your earthquake fund and I'll be needing the drink:whatthe:
IMG_20150523_131719.jpg

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Yes £30 not as bad as 50 euro which she quoted me. She must have got mixed up. Then again they do a great job speaking so many languages. £30 is acceptable to be so close to this fab looking city. I didn't realise it was so big. Lots to do here.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
If you get the chance I recommend a trip up mount Pilatus they do a round trip deal get on a boat then on a venicular railway to the top. Hang around a bit, sunbathe drink eat wander around the top ,listen to the big alpen horns or whatever they are called. Then cable cars down and bus back to luzern. I really enjoyed it .

Sure You don't want an English pub but Mr pickwicks is ok if football is on and the food isn't bad if your after burgers etc with a pint of bear. Again not cheap though

La terrazzo restaurant I think it's called for a nice meal overlooking the river but a little more expensive .

For a cheaper meal , lovely kebab shop walk down right hand side of train station past Burger King and McDonald's where road bends at bottom nice kebab for Chf 10 if I remember correctly

Enjoy

Last edited:
OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Currently laid up with a bad ankle! Can ride my bike but am hobbling badly walking. so its spoiling things for us. Just finishing off my bottle of limoncelo from italy while resting my ankle...... Purely Medicinal you know:cheers:

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
You can park over night at the lido pay and display car park which is the other side of the hedge from the campsite only 7 euros for overnight, I have the coordinates if you need them.
I've stayed at both.
Regards
Ray

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks @Hydrocell ray, we'll check that out tomorrow, we are on the campsite now. 7 Euros per night beats 49.6 Swiss francs = approx £34. No brainer.

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Seems you can't now park a motorhome or caravan between 18:00 & 06:00 now. But on the plus side, sty 4 nights on the campsite get one free! Not too bad after all, didn't tell us that when we arrived.
Got to see the lovely wooden bridges too!
IMG_20150524_121610.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back