Where Can I Find A "live Wire" -- On My Tranny? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Would like to connect my new dashcam via a live wire which comes live when the ignition is switch on. My Transit is year 2010. Had a look at the key ignition area and it looks quite difficult. Has any body any suggestions which would be EASY for me to complete.

colyboy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
with a multimeter connected to any earth point on the van, probe around with the pos lead until you find a switchable connection at the fuse box or even on the ignition switch, then piggyback the connection making sure you uprate the appropriate fuse.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I used the memory live from the back of the stereo unit, then fed the wire up to the headlining by taking the blind off the windscreen. Admittedly mine is a Fiat, but the principal will be the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is how I do it !!!!!

But Wildmans option would be ok as well.. :rofl:

image5.jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Would like to connect my new dashcam via a live wire which comes live when the ignition is switch on. My Transit is year 2010. Had a look at the key ignition area and it looks quite difficult. Has any body any suggestions which would be EASY for me to complete.

colyboy
I think the 12v socket on your dash is an ignition switched source.... mine is a 2008 and is permanent live but fairly sure at 2010 it is ignition switched.. easy check anyway.
Ta andy
P's. . The wires at the ignition are all small relay coil circuits I think so best avoid using any of them...

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
On my Transit T350 I just plugged it to the feed to the cigar lighter and run a couple of things Dashcam, GPS etc it comes live with the ignition switch . I put it all under the dash and led a USB cable out a small hole to both items, looks quite neat that way. My Fiesta however is live all the time and I must remember to unplug it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back