Free Member
May 18, 2015
watford
Funster No
MH
autotrail 700 se
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Just wondered if anyone had purchased a motorhome from KPC Leisure ltd in Dorset .I have search for reviews but no avail.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Be careful, ALL dealers are descended from horse traders!
Quite a damming remark that:( we have been motorhoming for about 20yrs and have never bought privately and always from a dealer.we have never really had a bad experience.
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
Quite a damming remark that:( we have been motorhoming for about 20yrs and have never bought privately and always from a dealer.we have never really had a bad experience.
Brian & Jo

That's how they work on you. They lull you into a false sense of security and then when your defences are down - WHAM !! They stuff you proper with a right lemon.
Next time you visit a dealer, tell them you know what they're up to and you'll be alright.
Dealers look at me as if I'm daft !.........;)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
A new vehicle is a new vehicle with warranty. A second hand vehicle is pot luck. Some will be in very good condition, some won't. The tricky bit is getting things fixed when they go wrong.

There are two main wriggles, first, they will consider any problem to be normal wear and tear, second they will book you in and keep you without a vehicle for many days if not weeks. They won't even be working on it even though you could be enjoying it.

My advice would be to send an email to them stating your understanding of what has been agreed. Don't make it obvious that you are building a paper trail, just confirm some minor detail in the email and add in your concerns.

Nothing quite as comforting as having proof. I still have a lovely text from Brownhills telling me where the air conditioning switch is - those few words were worth £2100 after they failed to defend the claim in court.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
That's how they work on you. They lull you into a false sense of security and then when your defences are down - WHAM !! They stuff you proper with a right lemon.
Next time you visit a dealer, tell them you know what they're up to and you'll be alright.
Dealers look at me as if I'm daft !.........;)
Sorry but totally disagree with you.we have a retail business and believe it or not we have to make a profit to exist.I also believe that the way the customer approaches a company reflects on how the company will deal with that customer.95% of our customers are brilliant but the small percentage are rude,arrogant and sometimes nasty.anyway im a firm supporter of the dealers and always will be.
Brian & Jo

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry but totally disagree with you.we have a retail business and believe it or not we have to make a profit to exist.I also believe that the way the customer approaches a company reflects on how the company will deal with that customer.95% of our customers are brilliant but the small percentage are rude,arrogant and sometimes nasty.anyway im a firm supporter of the dealers and always will be.
Brian & Jo
Ummm.. I think you are missing the humour fact in both the posts !!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Sorry Jaws I thought I had quite a good sense of humour but I just couldn't see the funny side of the 2 posts.i wouldn't be very happy if someone post on here that all tyre dealers are there to rip people off.sorry but just the way it came over too me.
Brian & Jo

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
2 vans, 2 crap dealers.

It's not hard to see how we have formed our opinions of the industry!:)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I must have been lucky. 2 vans and 2 fantastic and nice dealers ( Becks and John's Cross).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A few vans.. Two of which were dealer bought and up to a point happy with both ( but with reservations on the 2nd, our present one )

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Would be van- 1 dealer - trying to get the dealer to committ to a date when they will finish working on it ( snails pace is how i would describe it). Frustration! as dealer appears to be trying, but i am finding it really trying!

Last edited:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have brought 2 new motorhomes in the last 2 years, the first dealer (http://www.motorhomesltd.com/) absolutely shocking after sales to the point i just wanted no more part of them or the Motorhome we brought which was an Elddis Autoquest 155. The 2nd dealer which I brought a new Autotrail Delaware has been absolutely fine even with the issues we have had (not there fault but there sprayers). Brought this from Brownhills in newark which i have read dont have good reviews but i will only speak as i find. I did a lot of research before i brought this 2nd one but it was the massive difference in price that eventually won it (over 5k difference in part exchange than any others i tried which was a lot inc the recommendations on here). I would just be super cautious and if it doesn't feel right walk away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back