LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Whats the average speed you sit at on the Mway?
I dropped my neighbour off at the airport last night and on the way home saw a MH fly past me.. I eventually caught up with it being nosey to see if it was a funster and noted it was travelling at 78pmh approx.
No funster sticker visible and I only actually caught up with it as it entered a filter lane and was stuck behind a car.
More money than sense to be driving at that speed I think!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Most economical.... 60 - 65...(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I occasionally travel at around that speed down to Dover, can't wait to get over the channel , and I have found, checking time after time it dosent make any difference to the mpg on numerous checks I have never varied out of 26 to 28, slow or fast

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Whats the average speed you sit at on the Mway?
I dropped my neighbour off at the airport last night and on the way home saw a MH fly past me.. I eventually caught up with it being nosey to see if it was a funster and noted it was travelling at 78pmh approx.
No funster sticker visible and I only actually caught up with it as it entered a filter lane and was stuck behind a car.
More money than sense to be driving at that speed I think!

bru, I'd lay a pound to a pinch that wasn't the owner driving.... Possibly a delivery driver?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I set the cruise control for around 58-60 and tend to stick to that. Mum isn't quite there yet and seems to waste the fuel I save :)

Our new van still running in but our last PVC ran very well on the cruise, a lot better than my right foot and at about the same 60 odd mph. (y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Whats the rush.......................... 60MPH all day long or in my case until I have done 200/250Kms max a day. I don't arrive stressed and enjoy the drive.

Don exactly the same for me...but it's because we are..................well..................... older now! :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
56 to 60 as a rule - keep up with the trucks on the motorway :)

Tend to avoid rush hour and either have an early start and stop for breakfast whilst we wait for the traffic to calm or have a late start. When it gets busy we pull in somewhere and have a rest.

The journey is part of the enjoyment so why stress yourself?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
56 to 60 as a rule - keep up with the trucks on the motorway :)

Tend to avoid rush hour and either have an early start and stop for breakfast whilst we wait for the traffic to calm or have a late start. When it gets busy we pull in somewhere and have a rest.

The journey is part of the enjoyment so why stress yourself?

Because , as I want to spend a maximum of time with my funsters friends, I leave as late as possible ... and work next morning, most of the time!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
65 to 70+ on motorways as we are going somewhere and want to get there quick a lot slower if meandering around France. We have only had one 2 week hol in 20+ yrs a week usually the rest of the time as work for ourselves will be different when we are time richer and cash poorer!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Whats the rush.......................... 60MPH all day long or in my case until I have done 200/250Kms max a day. I don't arrive stressed and enjoy the drive.

We usually have little time so we tend to rush to where we want to go.

When I have more time it will be a 55-60mph job.

I am driving the car down to Spain at the weekend and I will be in a hurry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back