ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
We are looking to use the Dubrovnik to Bari ferry in June but can't find out if dogs are allowed, has anyone got firsthand experience of this route and can tell me please.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
We used this route at the end of May last year with Jadrolinija....the Croatian ferry service. The ship was an old Brittany Ferries vessel judging from the signs and was a bit "faded glories" but got us there in reasonable comfort. One little quirk is that you have to reverse on to the boat up the ramp...!
We remember seeing dogs. I have found a page on their website which gives info on the regs re animals on board.

Broken Link Removed

We booked our passage through Viamare in the UK who should be able to give further advice re the dog...have fun!

OP
OP
ebo

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
Many thanks for the link andrewjw. I phoned Viamare and they started telling me I needed a cage or kennel, and the dog has to be left on deck, but I didn't get the impression they were 100% sure.
Now I know I can take the dog I'll check with Jadrolinija booking office when I get to Dubrovnik.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We used this route at the end of May last year with Jadrolinija....the Croatian ferry service. The ship was an old Brittany Ferries vessel judging from the signs and was a bit "faded glories" but got us there in reasonable comfort. One little quirk is that you have to reverse on to the boat up the ramp...!
We remember seeing dogs. I have found a page on their website which gives info on the regs re animals on board.

Broken Link Removed

We booked our passage through Viamare in the UK who should be able to give further advice re the dog...have fun!

Thanks for the mention of Viamare. I'm starting outline planning for a trip next year which will involve a few ferries and doing it all through one company/website looks convenient. I take it you had no major problems with them?

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
No problems at all...very efficient and no apparent difference in the cost between booking through them and doing it directly online. We have used them again this year.:)

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
No problems at all...very efficient and no apparent difference in the cost between booking through them and doing it directly online. We have used them again this year.:)
Many thanks.

mwark

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi,

Sorry to jump on this old thread but I have an on topic question. We're wanting to do the reverse trip, Bari to Dubrovnik and I'm wondering what the policy is of sleeping in the motorhome? Are you obliged to book a cabin if you don't want to just sit on the regular deck or can you stay in the vehicle?

Also any indication on what price you paid?

Thanks

mwark

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
OK I've just realised that the trip is from 12 noon till 7pm so no real need to sleep in the vehicle. But if it was overnight does anyone know the general policy in this? Does it vary per company?

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
When we used the Dubrovnik to Bari ferry last year "camping on board" was not possible. As it was an overnight crossing we booked a cabin.
The crossing was quite expensive...around €400 one way for the 6m van , a small trailer and two people.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have used ferry's from Italy to Split just booked direct. camping on board only an option on ferrys to Greece I think?

DianaC

Free Member
May 4, 2016
From NZ touring Europe in a motorhome
Funster No
MH
Ducato 746
Exp
I'm a newbie, been on the road for 2 weeks
We are planning to get from Dubrovnik to Bari Italy on the ferry. The height of our motorhome exceeds the one in their pull down menu by 1'2" ... has anyone else come across this height problem, will be still be allowed on? Any advice is much appreciated. We're planning to cross over around July 21, 2017

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back