Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
My wife wanted to visit Lyme Regis on our current Devon trip so of course I checked the Britstops book for somewhere we could park up overnight without having to shell out for a site.

Found this place very easily parked up at the end of the large car park and wandered into the shop to say hello. This is a large farm shop that sells a wide range of local produce plus a variety of French cheeses. There are also plenty of tinned goods on sale direct from France. There is a cafe which sells snacks and cakes.

We like to spend some money with our Britstops hosts, though this is not compulsory of course. At this stop we bought some cheese, pate, bread and several bits and pieces but still only spent just over a tenner - cheap for a place to park overnight safely.

Paul

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks for these reviews Paul. Very useful.

I think that the BritStops scheme is brilliant and well worth the membership fee. I'm not sure I would ask to park overnight unless I knew my host was a member of the scheme as I'd feel awkward.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@BritStops I have thought about this a couple of times. It would be really handy if there was somewhere that we could leave short reviews of our stays at the Britstops. Just a thought :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Easyliving. Pleased to see you enjoyed Britstop 44. As I suggested to them that they should join Britstops.
Hope you had a ride on the Seaton to Colyton tram? Why not come again in June and visit my home town of Colyton on Saturday 13 June for the "rebellion".

colyboy

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We like to spend some money with our Britstops hosts, though this is not compulsory of course. At this stop we bought some cheese, pate, bread and several bits and pieces but still only spent just over a tenner - cheap for a place to park overnight safely.

Exactly my thoughts.. Ideal for an overnight stop.. (y)

why pay £12 or more just to park on some grass at a CL .. .. or even more on a commercial site ..

.. of course you could pay £18 to park at a MSA and have the pleasure of the intoxicating smell of urine to greet you in the morning.. :rolleyes:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
danieford go on britstop f/b
Les is part of the fb group - however due to the way that fb works it's impossible (I believe) to seach by a britsop number. If there is a way I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how to do it.
Cheers
Deb

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
@BritStops I have thought about this a couple of times. It would be really handy if there was somewhere that we could leave short reviews of our stays at the Britstops. Just a thought :D
I think the problem is that you review by the Britstop number and that changes every year, so the reviews would quickly get very confusing - no.44 in last years book is in Somerset.

Motorhome Muppets

Free Member
Dec 1, 2014
Nr Uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I joined britstops this year and used two stops when out at Easter, and will be using another two next week. A great idea.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Some of them are in interesting places and not just pubs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back