Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Love everything about our 2006 Autotrail Tracker EK except the wind noise that comes through the driver's door in certain conditions. Clearly the seal is not touching the door hard enough to stop the wind noise. I get no draught but a sudden scary whistling especially when being passed by large vehicles.

The door is held on by a pair of large hinges each mounted by three Allan bolts. Does anyone have any idea how I might eliminate the noise?

Many thanks

Jerry

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Cant help with your question Jerry but I have exactly the same problem on the same MoHo, same age.
In really windy conditions I can see the door move at the top :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
In really windy conditions i could see DAYLIGHT at the top.

Nothing you can do about it as the metalwork in the door is flimsy beyond belief.
if you got a hand trapped at the top it would take very little effort to bend the frame out...even shattering the glass.

I tried bending the window frame inwards (glass down) but didnt make any real difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Be pleased if someone can come up with an answer, there's a slight gap on the hinge side of our door where the rubber seal just doesn't touch and there's no adjustment on the hinges :(

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
but a sudden scary whistling especially when being passed by large vehicles.
Funny, I get that as well, but I just put it down to exceedingly randy female truck drivers looking down at my manly bulge as they overtook me. (y) I managed to put a stop to it by buying a turbo. :)

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
I saw a feature on "Wheeler Dealers" where Ed China the mechanic put a rubber tube inside the door seal rubber, ie cut it and then fed a piece of break pipe or something to bulk out the sealing rubber. I don't even know if mine is a tube though... He did it on a supercar.....

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
In really windy conditions i could see DAYLIGHT at the top.

Nothing you can do about it as the metalwork in the door is flimsy beyond belief.
if you got a hand trapped at the top it would take very little effort to bend the frame out...even shattering the glass.

I tried bending the window frame inwards (glass down) but didnt make any real difference.
I moved the trap on the lock in as far as possible and it made no real difference. So I wound down the window and bent the top of the door in. It worked for me - perhaps you needed to use more elbow grease?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I moved the trap on the lock in as far as possible and it made no real difference. So I wound down the window and bent the top of the door in. It worked for me - perhaps you needed to use more elbow grease?
It worked for a while but knowing how flimsy the ducato doors are i would rather a bit of noise than a destroyed window frame.

I found the easy solution was that thing all ducatos come with....a radio volume knob.

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back