Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
ok so I have a dish and an avtex TV with built in sat. What if anything would a pace 12v javelin give me that I don't already have. I know there's some debate over pairing cards. I am on sky but don't want to take my home sky box away with me as it's very tempremental .
I travel UK and Europe a lot.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I guess it depends what you watch on Sky which is not available on free to air satellite channels (eg movies, sports etc) that you would rather not be without. Last time I paired a Sky card to a Pace Javelin, which was a few years ago now, it was an interesting experience as the Sky CSRs were unfamiliar with said box and had to get an "expert" to help complete the pairing. We no longer have TV through Sky, so just run with the Avtex TV and FTA channels, with a HD loaded with movies.

Then there is the question of where in Europe you want to watch and size of the dish required etc...

Last edited:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
A Sky box without any sky card will get the same free to air channels that any fta (or tv with built in sat receiver) will get.

But if you want the sky pay channels, then you will need to take the sky box and card.
Pairing is only required if you want to watch the Sky premium channels - Sky Sports, Sky Movies and Sky HD channels.
With no pairing you will be able to watch all the non premium channels.
Most of the Sky pay channels should be available across most of western Europe
But the non Sky main uk channels may not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Pairing is only required if you want to watch the Sky premium channels - Sky Sports, Sky Movies and Sky HD channels.

You see this is the bit I'm unsure about as some say as above and others say you only get the free channels and must pair the card which I don't want to do to be honest

I'm kinda drifting away from its usefulness in the van as I just want it for mainly discovery type channels

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
You see this is the bit I'm unsure about as some say as above and others say you only get the free channels and must pair the card which I don't want to do to be honest

I'm kinda drifting away from its usefulness in the van as I just want it for mainly discovery type channels
My card works fine with pace box in van without being paired ...I get all the normal sky channels including the discovery channels

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
My card works fine with pace box in van without being paired ...I get all the normal sky channels including the discovery channels

Mine too curently in Italy works perfect except cant watch Games of Thrones tonight. Parked under trees to escape the heat and buggred if I'm moving just for that.

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Ha ha now I've swung the other way and decided to get one, the one I had my eye on on eBay has been sold :-(

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Ha ha now I've swung the other way and decided to get one, the one I had my eye on on eBay has been sold :-(
If you need one I have but no 12volt or mains cables I think you can get them of ebay let me know john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Well I have my sky box now and can confirm my house sky card works without pairing. I don't have movies or sky sports anyway so can't comment but I do have discovery. Dave etc just like at home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back