Problems With Europasim - Apn Settings (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have a EuropaSim and I am one of the lucky ones because it still works, or at least did until yesterday. It did sterling service on our recent run to the sun in France, Spain and Portugal.

I am having a bit of trouble setting it up on a mifi I recently bought, which I have successfully unlocked. It seems to register OK and I get the message that it has connected and is costing me 3 Euros for the day. However I do not seem to be able to get the internet.

Has anybody got the details of the APN settings that I should use please? I know it is supposed to be automatic, but I just want to check them, as it automatically chose the wrong tethering APN originally and I had to change it manually (omnitel.it rather than the vodafone.it it should be).

Thanks for any help you can give.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have you tried this.. from the FAQs on http://europasim.weebly.com/

Q
How can I set the APN on my Smartphone, UMTS Stick or MIFI?

A Please use your preferred search engine by typing ‘Set APN + “name of your device” to get detailed instructions.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have you gone into mifi settings?
Password admin admin
Then find and tick box for roaming
One of my mifi's would not connect until this was done

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all the help.

I did not realise that the EuropaSim was still possible to buy in Italy.

I have got into the mifi's settings OK and the box for roaming is ticked. I have set the APN for mobile.vodafone.it, but it is the settings I then use for that APN that I want to know. Things like proxy, port, username etc etc.

Deleted User
I have looked at the 'device information' in the 'systems' box and there is lots of information there that I do not understand but is presumably unique to my mifi device and sim and as far as I can remember this was loaded automatically and uprated each time I use a different sim.

Will some of this information be included with the instructions for the mifi device.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The APN is "mobile.vodafone.it" except in Italy when its "web.omnitel.it".
Read the last two FAQs on http://europasim.weebly.com/faq.html
Thanks, but as I said in post No 5, I know what the APN is supposed to be and I have set it for that. What I am after is the settings for that APN, so I can check them against the settings it has automatically put in. .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks, but as I said in post No 5, I know what the APN is supposed to be and I have set it for that. What I am after is the settings for that APN, so I can check them against the settings it has automatically put in. .
Sorry Peter I don't understand your request.
I have a profile call europasim, the only setting is the APN, the username and password are blank.
A dum question I know, but have you spelt Vodafone correctly? They don't use the "ph" version as the original GSM spec. only allowed 8 characters.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have solved it. It was simple in that mifi would not automatically connect to the internet because it was a roaming connection. Of course with the EuropaSim it is always roaming unless you are in Italy. I therefore had to connect manually. Once that was done it was working. A bit slow, but that is because we have a poor connection on all networks at home, but worse of all on Vodafone.

Thanks for all you who took the time to try to help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back