Anyone Know Of Any Working Farms We Could Camp In? (1 Viewer)

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
We've just got back from another jaunt to the New Forest and now fancy something kind of similar, but different. If you see what I mean. Somewhere along the south coast, preferably, maybe Dorset or Devon, with nice peaceful surroundings, interesting villages and towns, nice walks etc.

I've had a furkle about, looking at the campsites along the south coast and they all seem very family-oriented. While I pretend to like other people's children, and they seem to like me, I believe them to be, on the whole, horrific whingy things that I could well do without.

I think what I'm looking for is something like the farm my aunt used to own in North Devon. We often stayed there in a caravan in a field, surrounded by lovely Devon countryside, and I wondered if there were many CS-type places along those lines? A hook-up would be nice. Anything else would be a bonus.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't know about working farms but if you search on UK Campsite one of the filters you can apply to the search is "adults only"

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A couple of weeks ago there was a thread (Working Orchard in Kent). I don't know how to put a link but if you put that in the search could be of interest to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like you like a similar site to us. Try http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk
You can filter the search and it usually includes the CL and CS sites too.

Or if you are members of either CC or C&CC you cans ewe arch their respective websites. Personally I prefer UK Campsites as it brings in the non club sites.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Mmm a working farm in North Devon, no kids where would one find a gem like that.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Mmm a working farm in North Devon, no kids where would one find a gem like that.
there would be nothing to put on the bbq,.
could just limit it to one possibly two . depends how greedy you are.
we make them into pasties down here.
or moroccan tagines .

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed at Cripps Farm in Somerset a couple of weeks ago and that's a working farm. Lots of lovely walks. And only £18 a night for a fully serviced hard standing pitch, right on the river. We were there over a Bank Holiday and no kids in sight!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Maybe, but was all moHos on the 5 riverside fully serviced pitches!

Wasn't having a pop, just saying that fully serviced pitches are a tugger thing and aren't needed and IMO not worth paying for if you have a MH. :D(y)

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
I had a particularly relaxing stay at this working farm in Devon a few years back.
farm.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As others have suggested join one of the clubs - either CC or C&CC. They have lost of small member only sites on farms. CC call them certified locations (CL) and C&CC call them certified sits (CS).

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The Motor Caravanners Club (MCC) welcome non members on their CL's

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have stayed on many farms over the years just ask farmers usually are ok with it I have had some grate experiences
bill

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
As you mentioned Dorset,I forgot to mention Norden Farm Touring Caravan & Camping Site near Corfe. Lovely site and a great farm shop on site. Venison sausages to die for. Nice walk through the woods to Corfe Castle.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Sorry" .. only just seen this thread... :doh:

Not stayed a sea barn for some years, it was/is a nice site, but when we stayed we had an RV with a big trailer, which was a bit awkward cos the ground is mostly in tier`s....

Bit closer to the "Fleet Lagoon".... (Little Sea).. than Bagwell, with some lovely walks.... and a shop/cafe/bar ..(y)

And a proper working farm..... but they do charge normal camp site fee`s... :(

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Simon we have been out for lunch and on the way back passed a campsite we haven't noticed before. I looked up the site when we got back and it turns out it is an alpaca farm, it is next door to monkey world. Details here
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Thanks for all the ideas, which have been carefully squizzeled away.

MadMax4

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
RV C Class
Exp
since 2013
Hi Simon we are the orchard farm that Carol mentioned we are based near Rochester Kent, it is a family working orchard with a few sheep and lambs, lovely views, if you are interested please message or call us on 07957393066.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back