Remoska - anyone got one? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have been told that lots of MH's use this type of cooker if they have no oven.
Has anyone got one? If so did it work?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oh yes !!!!

bought mine a while back from lakeland.

grand ramoska......excellent piece of kit.

we used it at home just the other day, beef joint...cooked just right in less time than the electric oven and a fraction of the leccy.

it 460w....the ovens about 2kw.

worth every penny of the £100.:thumb:

got to be careful with the lid/heat element though.

i melted a hole in the toaster 'cos the lid was resting against it while checking the joint. :Doh:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hello

Have not personally had one but when we did not have an oven, was told that they were very good by a site warden, who said that they used one all the time,with good results.

They used it in their office as she could keep an eye on it without going back to their van.

Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

shedbrewer

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
St. Columb, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW C Class
Exp
25 years
Remoska,,,,,,

The simple message is, go buy a Remoska, worth every penny, we use ours in our M/H and in the house, cooks food perfectly. Jack & Patty, Cornwall:Smile:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
We agree with the remarks so far - have had one for some time, does everything asked of it superbly. From stews to cakes, by way of yorkshire puddings (toad in the hole included) and even heating croissants for breakfast, it is worth having.

We bought both the deep and the shallow pans, thought we might as well, and it does help having both. There's a couple of special Remoska recipe books too that we have found helpful.

Di

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Well there are two sides to every coin.::bigsmile: We bought a Remoska and couldn't get on with it, others swear by them but it just wasn't for us.:Sad: The Remoska is mains powered, so not much use if you don't have EHU. We purchased a Cobb BBQ and are very happy with it although others wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a Remoska, the only problem with it is that we only have one. We are always toting it from motorhome-house-motorhome. We also have a Cobb which is great for roasting a family sized chicken when you are not on hook up. ::bigsmile:

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
We have both too. I wouldn't bother with the smaller one as it wouldn't take too much to fill it. The larger one, you would need to think about storage. I have the standard one and it takes a full chicken albeit the smaller ones. Haven't had a failure yet. Love the Cobb too, only uses a few briquetts but a real pain to clean but can be used on a table top and is cool wall. we have an oven in the van but would rather use the ramouska, but then have always been on leccy. Used the cobb last week - never had a bbq at this time of year before!

regards

Karen

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We've had a Remoska for years and whilst we don't use it every day when we're away it has become essential kit for us.

Off to Glenridding next week for a few days.

rgds
Bill

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi
Noticed whilst looking up details about the Remoska(clever bit of kit) it stated on one site "use in UK only"

Can this be used in a M/H in France etc with the appropriate adaptor?

thanx champers

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
We have one.

Like Jim though, we're always transferring it between the MH and fixed home. Don't forget to get the lining paper too, it saves a lot of cleaning.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We've used ours in France no problem, never noticed the UK only sticker.

Rgds
Bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
Noticed whilst looking up details about the Remoska(clever bit of kit) it stated on one site "use in UK only"

Can this be used in a M/H in France etc with the appropriate adaptor?

thanx champers

reckon the reason for that is the uk version is fitted with a UK plug!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

French leccy is 230v 50hz just the same as England.:thumb: except they call it....l'électricité::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thought i would check before putting it on my wishlist - sorta knew about the plug :Doh: just wondered if it was a tech reason other than that..
Thought I had a genuine excuse for burning the supper if I bought one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
champers

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Remoska

We have both Bravoska and Remoska the Remoska we purchased initially.
Remoska's are brilliant as you can cook just about anything but in our opinion Bravoska's are slightly better and more versatile.
Basically the same principle but you can use it either way up so it becomes an electric frying pan for instance. We have a small metal grid stand that goes inside ours for grill. Also the Bravoska has adjustable heat. Only drawback is it is 1200w. But we have not encountered problems anywhere in Europe. We also carry a microwave and a Cadac Mini Grill. I never cook inside the van because of smells and condensation. Also it gets me a little closer to proper camping.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back