Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
We're taking the kids on a surfing adventure for half term ,leaving Friday afternoon.
I'm hoping to get as far as Taunton and am looking for a stopover ,possibly somewhere to grab a bite to eat. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance .

Vlad

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I guess one obvious contender is the Vanbitz site, but I've not had the pleasure as yet, so can't speak from experience..

http://www.cornishfarm.com

There is another site near Somerset Motorhomes on A358, not far from M5, walking distance to nice old pub with good food. Think it was this one..

http://www.ashefarm.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
For convenience, Chelston Motorhomes 01823 662075, carpark with water, EHU & CWD, 2 mins from M5 junct 26, loads of mh's to browse & accessories shop depending on what time you're there, 10 min walk across roundabout for a decent pub meal. Need to phone because they lock the car park when they close the store, but a member of staff is on site 24/7.
Or if you want to go a bit further off the motorway (3 miles), I can recommend Britstops 072 for a very nice pub meal (though they don't have EHU as their entry suggests).

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
There is a site right on the outskirts of Taunton called Tanpits Cider Farm. We stayed there with some friends earlier this year. Nice orchard site near to the Taunton Bridgewater canal. The site is a bit laid back, facilities basic and tired looking but ok for the odd night stopover. Lovely peacocks and chickens running around. I think about £12 pn. Nice pub nearby.

http://www.tanpitsfarmcampsite.co.uk/welcome-to-tanpits-cider-farm-camping-caravaning/

Last edited by a moderator:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
... and I may well use it on our way out when we next take to the road!

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Vlad
I've not been to Cornish Farm so I can't comment but it's location would entail either taxi or more driving to get something to eat, or a pizza delivery maybe?
Wellington is about 7 miles further on but has 2 places within walking distance of the Skylark pub which is a food orientated place, reasonably priced, if you're in the CC then Cadeside is one of the options if not then as mentioned Chelston Motorhomes have facilities there, as I said both within walking distance of the pub
Dave

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks all for your replies so far ,will look into the suggestions later!

Vlad

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Yes junction 26 M5 Chelston. Not sure the age of your kids but Greenacres site might be an option. Marsdon's pub by Travelodge does good value meals and serves food till 10pm

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
Taxi from Cornish Farm (Vanbitz) to Taunton is about £6.80 each way. I stayed their this week getting work done to my van. Lovely site.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
There is a site right on the outskirts of Taunton called Tanpits Cider Farm. We stayed there with some friends earlier this year. Nice orchard site near to the Taunton Bridgewater canal. The site is a bit laid back, facilities basic and tired looking but ok for the odd night stopover. Lovely peacocks and chickens running around. I think about £12 pn. Nice pub nearby.

http://www.tanpitsfarmcampsite.co.uk/welcome-to-tanpits-cider-farm-camping-caravaning/

Thanks Old Soldier
Great little site,£9 for 4 of us and the dog without electric.Nice walk along the canal and the pub is 5 min away but the cider on site is £4.50 for 2.5 litres so stayed quite happily in van.
The gate is always open so ideall for late arrivals if stuck in traffic,the owner isn't always around so relies on honesty and you posting fee through letterbox.A few mins off the m5 great stopover.

Vlad

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thanks Old Soldier
Great little site,£9 for 4 of us and the dog without electric.Nice walk along the canal and the pub is 5 min away but the cider on site is £4.50 for 2.5 litres so stayed quite happily in van.
The gate is always open so ideall for late arrivals if stuck in traffic,the owner isn't always around so relies on honesty and you posting fee through letterbox.A few mins off the m5 great stopover.
Vlad

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback...:happy:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back