Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20+ years
Has anyone got and used French passion book ! We have just bought ours ready for our French trip this summer ! Has anyone got any tips !!

OP
OP
buzbybench

buzbybench

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20+ years
Thanks really retired for your comment !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We have been members for eleven years now, I know this because last year we had free 12 month membership for being members for 10 years. You are not obliged to buy, but we usually do after a tasting as the ones we have visited have been really good wines and better prices than elsewhere. If using F.P suits you ( I appreciate its not for everyone) then renew your membership in December and get it at a reduced rate.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We've stayed at several and thoroughly enjoyed them-tip would be to check what their product is,and go to ones doing something you might like to buy.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes we've had it for four years, used to be almost impossible to find them but this year they have put the co ords in and it is much better some very nice places to stop, BUT they are hardly ever where you actually want to be and can be tens of miles away, and if you use the shops that are on them , it can be expensive, I know someone will come on and say you buy stuff anyway, but the stuff they sell is usually way over priced.
You don't say if this is your first French trip, if it is they are an excellent way to start the French experience but when you get used to aires I'm afraid they begin to get a bit expensive and no where as good for being where you want them.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
buzbybench

buzbybench

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20+ years
Thanks mikeandcarolyn ! My thoughts exactly !! Specially wine and cheese !!

OP
OP
buzbybench

buzbybench

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20+ years
Thanks chaser ! This will be our third trip to France. Usually use the Aires which we like !

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We have found that the wines have always been at a reasonable price (considering quality). We once had a bottle of wine in a restaurant that we both loved, looked up the vineyard and it was a FP, so we visited on the way back, purchased a couple of cases and didn't stop overnight.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Well, I thought this thread was about the French Kama Sutra publication. Wanders off disappointed...............

Reactions: DBK

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If you join the free www.searchforsites.co.uk. You can see on a map all the Aires, campsites as well as France Passion locations in one go and you get co ordinates for all . You still need to join France Passion but we find this an easy way to find places when online . We have rejoined after many years of not bothering when they did not have the Co ordinates .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We like the France passion idea, and have stayed at a mussel place by the sea , mustard farm, various vineyards, peanut farm, restaurants, goose farm, place in a wood, never did discover what that sold, dairy farm, ice cream place, deer farm, champagne place, cheese farms, walnut farm, motor museum , this is a photo of the very first one we stayed at, not a good start! Not as bad as it looks actually if you looked the other way it was all orchards, a cider farm.
But as I say most of them can be expensive if you buy too much of what they sell, and we have pretty much done the whole pick of what they do, so now don't use them much at all, but for meeting real French people, they want some beating.
image.jpg

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We were members in 2014 but with so many Aires we just didn't get around to using it.
As has been said, it must be a good way to meet the French, & practice the language .

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
French Passion Book......
Thought you meant....

"cinquante nuances de gris" !

;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.