No Hot Water (1 Viewer)

sandygirl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Funster No
Hi need help again please, we have a Compass 100 just been on our first weekend away and no hot water.:Sad:
Can't work out how to do it (I know silly me) anybody with the same model as ours(2006) can help please

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi,

dont know your van but if its like ours heres some photos of what to look for.

the top panel is for gas and the lower is for 240v.

for gas press the I button to turn on and the O button to turn off...the other lights are for power and flame failure.

for 240v just flick the switch to on.

if it is like this and it still dont work you may have to find the gas manifold....brass block with a few red taps on...it may be turned off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The water heater controls for our (Autoquest) 2004 model are on the aisle panel below the forward facing dinette seat. I'm pretty sure that the layout is the same in your van (though not certain).

Basic things to be sure of (not being cheeky) is that there is water in the system and that the exhaust cowl cover on the side is removed.

Then you need to set the temperature control. Electrical operation (on EHU) is just a matter of switching on. Gas operation is by turning the outer ring (outside of the temperature control) to the flame position when you should get a green light and it will ignite. If you get a red light, wait 30 secs then try again.

Graham

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sandygirl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Funster No
Thanks how do I find out if there is water in the system. I didn't remove the cowl from outside the van does that make a difference ? Underneath the passenger forward facing seat in the dinette there are two yellow taps one has a picture of a tap on with steam do I have to do anything with them ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
You only need to remove the cowl if you are heating the water by gas. The boiler should fill automatically if you have filled the fresh water tank up.

You need to make sure you open the taps when filling from empty to make sure all the air is purged out.
There is a dump valve for emtying the boiler so it does not get damaged due to frost.
If starting by gas it may take awhile to get ignition, and there is a procedure if it hasn't lit.

You really need to get an owners manual and have a read up as there are a few things you need to be aware of.

You may be able to download one from Swifts site.:thumb:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks how do I find out if there is water in the system. I didn't remove the cowl from outside the van does that make a difference ? Underneath the passenger forward facing seat in the dinette there are two yellow taps one has a picture of a tap on with steam do I have to do anything with them ?

Don't recognise that description I'm afraid.

You mentioned in an earlier thread that you have an owners manual. There should be a description in there of how to heat the water using both electricity (when on EHU) and gas.

The attached snapshot is from the 2008 Explorer Group manual. The black knob in the centre is the temperature control and the grey outer ring is used to light the gas. It is shown in the Off position and needs to be turned clockwise to the flame diagram to turn the gas on and ignite it.

Graham

Upvote 0

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
The outside cowl makes a big difference.
Mine wouldn't light at all on gas if this was not removed.
Green light would come on for 10 secs then turn Red again.
Cowl removed and hey presto no further problems.

Upvote 0

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
The outside cowl makes a big difference.
Mine wouldn't light at all on gas if this was not removed.
Green light would come on for 10 secs then turn Red again.
Cowl removed and hey presto no further problems.

only if it is a standard Truma water heater. The combined HWS/central heaterwith a circular outside vent on the wall may have no removable cover.

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi If you have further trouble with hot water, I recently blew a 5 amp fuse in my Swift Bessacarr whilst trying to get my TV on useing the 12V plug socket, It also was the fuse that protected the fire ignition, the hot water ignition, and the spark to ignite the gas rings & oven so none of these worked solved with a new fuse. This might help now or in the future. Pete

(PS you should always take the outside cowl off if useing gas for heating)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back