LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was stunned many years ago at the immense hardiness of folk from the Newcastle region..Long story not for on here but as a southerner( ish ) I have to admit your not far wrong !!

OP
OP
Mr B

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
I was stunned many years ago at the immense hardiness of folk from the Newcastle region..Long story not for on here but as a southerner( ish ) I have to admit your not far wrong !!

You mean Geordie's and smoggies:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Well its a boot time all ye soft southerners got some cad weather. It was yer lot that signed up for the stupid European Union yer thought yer were ganna get some of the sunshine from Spain if yer signed up. Well yer got it wrang the Gurmens kicked yer in the balls and sent ould Nero and sent us Geordies the good weather and plenty of Sun. Enjoy yer soft buggers. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well its a boot time all ye soft southerners got some cad weather. It was yer lot that signed up for the stupid European Union yer thought yer were ganna get some of the sunshine from Spain if yer signed up. Well yer got it wrang the Gurmens kicked yer in the balls and sent ould Nero and sent us Geordies the good weather and plenty of Sun. Enjoy yer soft buggers. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!
spell checker not working then:rofl::rofl:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If El Nino makes European winters colder maybe I'll get the chance to try out the lovely wooden toboggan I bought off a lady who was clearing her barn out last year.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
All this talk about the north/south divide reminds me of this little gem that did the rounds a few years back:
The Geordie Thermometer

50 Degrees. Southerners turn on their heating. Geordies plant their gardens.

40 Degrees. Southerners shiver uncontrollably. Geordies Sunbathe.

30 Degrees. Southern cars will not start. Geordies drive with their windows down

20 Degrees. Southerners wear coats, gloves, and wool hats. Geordies throw a t-shirt on (Girls start wearing mini-skirts)

10 Degrees. Southerners begin to Evacuate. Geordies go swimming in the North Sea.

Zero degrees. Southern landlords turn up the heat. Geordies have the last barbecue before it gets cold.

Minus 10 Degrees. Southerners cease to exist. Geordies throw on a lightweight jacket.

Minus 80 Degrees. Polar bears wonder if it’s worth it. Geordie Boy scouts start wearing long trousers.

Minus 100 Degrees. Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Geordies put on their long johns.

Minus 173 Degrees. Alcohol freezes. Geordies become frustrated because the pubs are shut.

Minus 297 Degrees. Microbiological life starts to disappear. The cows on Newcastle town moor complain of vets with cold hands.

Minus 460 Degrees. All atomic motion stops. Geordies start to stamp their feet and blow on their hands.

Minus 500 Degrees. Hell freezes over……….Sunderland qualify for Europe.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Due to "Speed" reading,George Gently is on in a minute,did you miss out the.....

MAKAMS ?

RAcism !!!!!!!
tEA bAG...+ Conde Noble. (Empty carton as PROOF..11% LOL)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We're doomed I tell 'ee, DOOMED tiz we are!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
On a lighter note, Cherrypirate (Colin & Tina) came up to see us in Geordieland last weekend and on getting out of the car immediately commented that it was 7 degrees colder than at home (Andover). Softies!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back