Green card / Docs Spain (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
People,
Just read that for travelling in Spain "caravans / trailers over 750 kg must have their own registration documents and green card". ie. the car stuff does not cover them.
Any comments?
Jack

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
People,
Just read that for travelling in Spain "caravans / trailers over 750 kg must have their own registration documents and green card". ie. the car stuff does not cover them.
Any comments?
Jack

If you are just coming here for a holiday dont worry.If it is legal in the country of residence then is it legal here.Not sure about outside the EU though.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
That sounds like a plus for "A" Frames

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
trailers over 750kg

Hi
Here in France where we live it is the same as Spain, we have to have separate insurance, Carte Gris(log book), and its own number plates and that is for a twin axle trailer 1990kg weight(anything over 750kg)
Mel
I would think you would be covered by laws in England (but not sure 100%) just when you are travelling abroad through Europe...as long as your insurance for your car also covers your trailer at least third party...Damage and injury to the other person-s
Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
green card

We was told by our French insurance company
1/ up to 500kg your car insurance covers the trailer
2/ 500kg to 750kg you need insurance
3/ 750kg and above you need, insurance, Carte Gris(log book),number plates (with a different number) it is like a individual vehicle separate to the car that is pulling it
Mel

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
We was told by our French insurance company
1/ up to 500kg your car insurance covers the trailer
2/ 500kg to 750kg you need insurance
3/ 750kg and above you need, insurance, Carte Gris(log book),number plates (with a different number) it is like a individual vehicle separate to the car that is pulling it
Mel

Is that not for RESIDANTS ONLY of France?
As I understood it, you can HOLIDAY in France or Spain for a set period of time (up to 12 months I think, after which you must re-register the caravan/trailer in the appropriate country).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Is that not for RESIDANTS ONLY of France?
As I understood it, you can HOLIDAY in France or Spain for a set period of time (up to 12 months I think, after which you must re-register the caravan/trailer in the appropriate country).

Yes for RESIDENTS of France

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back