Free Member
Mar 5, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
2020 Tribute T680
Exp
5 years inc 5 wishes in NZ
Any thoughts on the following please? A few weeks after we got our 2015 Tribute 670 and about the 5 day of overnights, a red indicator appeared on the main panel. Turns out the Thetford flush has stopped working and the cassette level indication wasn't working either. It was traced to a blown 5A fuse on the habitation fuse panel (on the outside lighting circuit fuse) by the dealer.

After they replaced fuse, we used the flush to fill the cassette with fresh water intermittently over 5 to 10 mins and the level indicator came on. Great all sorted I thought.

But unfortunately later that day, after taking out the cassette to empty and replace it I noticed the blasted red fuse indicator is now lit again. So I checked the toilet flush and it is not working either. So I suspect the 5A fuse on the habitation fuse board must have blown again! (will check tomorrow).

I really don't want to trek all the way back to the dealer for a fix, as its nearly 100m round trip, if that can be avoided.

So I might I be able to take it to the nearest Thetford service centre for replacement under the Thetford 3 yr warranty, if I can be sure that is likely to be a faulty cassette or housing. So has anyone had similar issues? Do you have any idea if this might be a problem with the reed switch or the electronic water valve?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's a bit strange that the 5a fuse on your panel it blowing, the Thetford has it's own 3A fuse in the cassette housing this is fitted in circuit regardless of the loo having it's own pump or being flushed from the main tank. Check the 3A fuse if this has blown this time it would point to the problem being local to the loo, if not it is possibly a wiring fault not related to the Thetford.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
have had problems with our toilet will watch how this thread develops(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
the Thetford has it's own 3A
Also strange. Our last 'tug', (new), was fitted with a 20 amp fuse, in the fuse holder within the toilet cassette 'box'........That blew on us once, because the cheap and nasty internal pump 'stuck'.....Big difference between 20 amp and 3 amp.......

OP
OP
Nick W

Nick W

Free Member
Mar 5, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
2020 Tribute T680
Exp
5 years inc 5 wishes in NZ
OK thanks, I'll have a look for the fuse in the housing. The first time I looked I didn't see one. My Thetford is a C263 and it uses the van's pumped water for the flush, so there is an electronic value to open / close the water for the flush (I think).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also strange. Our last 'tug', (new), was fitted with a 20 amp fuse, in the fuse holder within the toilet cassette 'box'........That blew on us once, because the cheap and nasty internal pump 'stuck'.....Big difference between 20 amp and 3 amp.......
3 amp is the standard Thetford fitting, look at the wires to it 5 amp at most .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back