Cheap Does Not Always Mean Rubbish (sat Navs) (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2014
lutterworth
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
born again after 10 years
£68 for a 7 " touch screen with all euro maps pre loaded and you will be saying "rubbish" just like I did until I started chatting to other class 1 drivers and found they had the same unit as I had been looking at.
Iv'e had mine three years and as I do abnormal loads quite often it has kept me out of trouble,just enter your overall size and height and it does the rest ,ideal for motorhomes.
The chap who supplies them gives you his personal mob number so any problems just call him.
Ive only heard good reviews maybe somebody out there knows different.
Go to "TRUCK TABLES" on the web and they will pop up,they also do forward facing cams
I will be interested in your views.
OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE !!!!!!!!!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking at the truck sat navs on Ebay, they seem to be the same brand. However some are £35 ish and others are £70 ish for what appears to be the same 7" model. Or am I missing something?
I'd not normally buy cheap Chinese stuff by my £250 Garmin has been playing up and I'm wondering if its worth having a spare?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Many items on ebay are identical, the difference being greed.
I could show you a fiat fuel filter at under £70 or over £200 for the same item

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Reading through this Ebay sellers various Sat Navs they do indeed look identical. I'm wondering if the "car" sat navs have the same features as the "truck" one's? ie can you input the type of vehicle you are driving?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No not likely as they won't have the truck mapping on them

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The Nozatec is the one most of us bought initially and it came with a tf card at the time but at a higher price.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
old smokey
Apr 24, 2014
lutterworth
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
born again after 10 years
I was making a comment on the standard of the kit I have used not on equipment I have not,but thankyou for your input .

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes you are correct
Cheap does not always mean rubbish. There are very many satisfied 7" users and mine is used in preference to both a Garmin 465T and Tomtit 1005 that lay gathering dust.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The Nozatec is the one most of us bought initially and it came with a tf card at the time but at a higher price.
Broken Link Removed
Whats a TF Card? is this some kind of mico SD card?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The word "cheap" means "rubbish" or "low quality" in my dictionary.

I prefer "well priced" or "more affordable"... :rofl:

I don't do "cheap".

JJ :cool:

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Hmmm, I notice there's no Bluetooth?..Edit...There are 2 versions (the more you pay the more you get!):D

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hmmm, I notice there's no Bluetooth?..Edit...There are 2 versions (the more you pay the more you get!):D
Broken Link Removed

EDIT
This one includes 8gb TF card pre mapped
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Always been a Garmin fan wouldn't use anything else on my long distance bike trips.
However for the last year Ive been running Copilot on the smartphone alongside the Garmin. Getting to the point now where I ignore the Garmin and totally trust Copilot. Also you can plan trips and have alternatives and set it for motorhome. Got it when they had a deal on full worldwide maps £24.00 try buying a satnav with all those features for that.
Think I may buy a Hudl put all the music and Copilot on it and chuck satnav in cupboard.

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Quick question, does anyone know if the Chinese ones tell you the name of the next street etc as does Tom Tom or just say "next left" etc, I find it a most usefull feature as its easier to look at street signs than the Satnav map? Thanks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looking at the truck sat navs on Ebay, they seem to be the same brand. However some are £35 ish and others are £70 ish for what appears to be the same 7" model. Or am I missing something?
I'd not normally buy cheap Chinese stuff by my £250 Garmin has been playing up and I'm wondering if its worth having a spare?
Chances are they are the same.....

Some ebay sellers chance their luck and sell at rediculous high prices which can be bought for half or less their price.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Broken Link Removed

EDIT
This one includes 8gb TF card pre mapped
Broken Link Removed
Thanks for that Techno - just ordered one as a standby in case the Garmin goes pear shaped again

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
On prices: Last year at Lincoln I had a conversation with one of the traders selling reversing cameras. I asked him why his were £150 for the same kit I'd bought off eBay for £40 ( a camera and mirror-mounted monitor). His reply, which made perfect sense to me, was that the cost of customer support made up the difference. Basically he would help anyone who had difficulty installing it, replace it without question for a year after purchase if it went faulty, and where possible actually visit his customers if that's what was needed. He also tested every one prior to sale and stood the cost of any failures himself (not worth returning them to China).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back