Insurance On Your Toad (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
we are having our second car converted for A-framing but just in the UK , do car insurance company's charge more for cover or does it not affect the insurance

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
About 4 years ago,i spoke to a lady at Comfort Ins. about the Unit and Toad,if i remember rightly,the toad is only covered by 3rd party ins. while being towed. It was a long time ago,but this company i am sure will put you right. I have no connection with this company,but the clear advice i was given re.ins. for the van and maybe toad, was first class. As quoted.."If i remember rightly"
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have both the m/h and toad covered by NFU on the same policy and I'm sure there is no extra cost for being a toad.
YOU CAN AFFORD THEM? I asked a quote and they wanted £900 + for the van I got it for £230 I also have the house and wood with them though.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I usually have to twist their arms each year but final price is ok.... I have been with them for 7 or 8 years and have most of my insurance with them including all my vehicles, home & contents and annual travel.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I never did find out if NFU class a toad as a trailer in its own right but i do know if the trailer is attached then it is covered for up to £1000 against own damage and theft.

This excludes livestock trailers and caravans.

The towing vehicles insurance covers 3rd party claims as long as its being towed at the time.

ie: if while unhitching the trailer it should run away and hit a car/house/person....tough, NFU wont pay out Unless you have paid for trailer insurance seperately....which if its a toad it will be anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Tricky one this and easy to fall foul of small print. Toads are covered whilst being towed by the towing vehicles insurance - as long as you have declared your intention to tow. However, the vehicle being towed, classed as a trailer, is only insured to a max of £1K. If the toad is worth more than this then it needs to be insured and declared under its own insurance - many companies will NOT do this. After several phone calls the only Ins company I could find was Aviva who have insured my Aygo fully comp for £200.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back