reserve your pitch & storage question (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I'm interested in what people do to reserve their pitch on site if they go off in the van during the day?
Also the van we are considering buying only has a pull out awning (roof only), when we had a caravan we stored the chairs, table, bbq etc in the awning - what do you do with them if you have no awning? Thought about buying a small pop up tent to put them in to keep them dry whilst outside but suppose I would have to pay extra to pitch tent!

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, We're new to MHing, but from when we were camping before people seemed to put out a sign saying 'pitch reserved' or similar. Just a smallish sign on a stick hammered into the ground towards the front of the pitch with a mallet. Seemed to work ok. Other people we have spoken to have used this method as well.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you search for <pitch reserved sign> on eBay you'll find a few being offered.

We actually obtained ours for cost of postage only when MMM magazine was running a promotion. However, as I wasn't sure it would turn up in time for a planned trip I made a sign by printing out an A4 sheet, laminating it and stapling it to a piece cut from a broken broom handle.

I normally put the signs in near the pitch marker post.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are "reserved" signs that you can but at shows. the magazine MMM normally does a free one once a year. Most motorhomers travel lighter than caravanners and tend to stow everything before they move; even if they are excellent, lightweight, drive-away awnings are a good bet if you want to leave gear on a pitch, just like a caravanner would.

Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
There are "reserved" signs that you can but at shows. the magazine MMM normally does a free one once a year. Most motorhomers travel lighter than caravanners and tend to stow everything before they move; even if they are excellent, lightweight, drive-away awnings are a good bet if you want to leave gear on a pitch, just like a caravanner would.

Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Hi Jim

There's an oppourtunity a 'Motorhomefun' reserved sign with some advertising for you as well:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim

There's an oppourtunity a 'Motorhomefun' reserved sign with some advertising for you as well:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

An opportunity to lose money! ::bigsmile: I think I have sold less than 50 of the stickers we had made. The pennants initial print run a year ago was for 50 and I still have over a dozen left. I certainly won't be rushing to produce any more club merchandise, it just takes too long to sell, I lose money and the club doesn't see a return.

That said I might design a sign for the downloads section so Funsters could download it and laminate it themselves. No investment from me, apart from a bit of time, and no up-front costs and free. :thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That said I might design a sign for the downloads section so Funsters could download it and laminate it themselves. No investment from me, apart from a bit of time, and no up-front costs and free. :thumb:

You might also consider a FUN window page. I've just taken the above heading and tacked on Hilldweller and printed it A4 for the Morocco meet. Obviously it's not the cost of your window stickers, it's being able to customise it nicely. At the same time I binned the similar facts one :)

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You might also consider a FUN window page. I've just taken the above heading and tacked on Hilldweller and printed it A4 for the Morocco meet. Obviously it's not the cost of your window stickers, it's being able to customise it nicely. At the same time I binned the similar facts one :)

We have Link Removed you can download from the downloads section. Is that what you mean?

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have Link Removed you can download from the downloads section. Is that what you mean?

Hadn't seen that !

Very close, but if you offer it as a word.doc then people can do a nice bit of creative editing and make a really smart personal one.

For that, I'd leave out the white box and put the names underneath.

I see the same comment in the download section :)

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Jim, if you do that and put in the download section I will print off and laminate and use them on my pitches as reservation signs for customers. Bit of free advertising for the club and already put Fun cards in my welcome pack so customers can not fail to notice MOTORHOME FUN ! :thumb: ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
An opportunity to lose money! ::bigsmile: I think I have sold less than 50 of the stickers we had made. The pennants initial print run a year ago was for 50 and I still have over a dozen left. I certainly won't be rushing to produce any more club merchandise, it just takes too long to sell, I lose money and the club doesn't see a return.

That a real shame:Doh::Blush:

So nice to have em too!

Just a well your minted Jimhardhat:whistle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back