Acsi (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Getting towards it usefulness end of June but still worth it, we buy it every year, even if we don't go abroard can still be used in the UK. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We always use ours. We save far more than it costs each year (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Definitely worth it. We used ours in places well into July in France and Italy last year.

OldWomble

Free Member
Feb 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
AS Kemerton XL
Exp
25 years
One site we are looking at in June is quoted at €40+ per night but €18 with Acsi so thats more than the €9:50 back in one night!!! Well worth it.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
another minor benefit, we have just used ours in France and they kept the card, but wanted our friends passport as they didn't have an ACSI card. I wouldn't be so happy leaving my passport with a camp site reception

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yeah great kit, got ours this year again ready for June and September. You can also use it in the UK, tho not as great as France :D

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
B0001704.JPG P1000933.JPG P1000990.JPG Image0029.jpg 052.JPG You know I can never find anyone to take it where I park:doh::laughing:

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
another minor benefit, we have just used ours in France and they kept the card, but wanted our friends passport as they didn't have an ACSI card. I wouldn't be so happy leaving my passport with a camp site reception

I was staying at a nice little site on the Costa Brava last year and it was one that held on to your passport if you had no ACSI/Carnet. Although I only arrived halfway through this sorry saga, the repercussions were quite horrendous:

An English couple had departed from the campsite early that morning but were handed the wrong passports!... and off they went.

When the other couple went to reception to pick up their passports before departing........................ you can work out the rest.

Couple number 1 were........ who knows where!
Couple number 2 were passportless but had to sit tight until couple number 1 discovered the mistake and returned to the campsite.

I never did find out how far they got before spotting the mistake - maybe even Dover!

The moral of the story - don't EVER leave you passport at reception and if you are absolutely forced to then make sure you get the right one back.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We used our card in Italy last year but the campsite manager (who could have done a decent impression of Basil Fawlty) gave us the wrong card back.

I didn't realise it until we have arrived at Camping Seranella in Bardolino, Garda when the receptionist asked me if I was dutch! Fortunately it was our last stay where we would have used the card and they allowed us to stay upon production of the receipt from Basil stating that we had stayed there as ACSI campers! Felt sorry for the Dutch couple who were at the start of their holiday, but there was nothing we could do about it.

So a tip - always check that you have been given the correct card back! (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Never occurred to me before as I don't carry anything here except a Driving licence. That's all they'd get.& they'd have to take a photo copy as I wouldn't leave anything with them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back