LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've received the following information for adding to my web site. As the contributor says, the information deserves to be publicised.

Hawick (Scottish Borders) is the greatest. We were welcomed at the car park by a lady from the Local Authority telling us that they encourage overnight parking of vans free of charge, with excellent bays right by the river. Available any night except Fridays and the first 2 weeks of June as there are major events in town. There is even a leaflet entitled Hawick Campervan Welcome. This must be the first time we have ever felt welcome in any car park anywhere. It is usually indifferent or hostile. Deserves to be publicised to help the local economy.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Please when you are heading north try and give this town some support.
Its a great wee stopover, a 2 min walk and you are in town. This place is trying hard to encourage tourists.
Free Wifi, toilets, and water tap. Parking right beside the river and a nice park to stroll through on the doorstep.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
How lovely to read this. So refreshing. We regularly head oop north over the border so will keep this in mind. Thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Please when you are heading north try and give this town some support.
Its a great wee stopover, a 2 min walk and you are in town. This place is trying hard to encourage tourists.
Free Wifi, toilets, and water tap. Parking right beside the river and a nice park to stroll through on the doorstep.
We used the aire there in May 2013. We were on are own ie. no other MH's. It's a good spot but I felt a little intimidated during the evening by the number of young people, often 4 to a car, parking on each side of us. The same ones came and went several times and, understandably, they wanted to use the river-side bays even though they are marked for MH use. Personally I would prefer the bays to be those over looking the green park. None of the youngsters parked over there. Incidentally, the toilet facility was well maintained. There are plenty of shops close by and a Lidl within walking distance. The oyster catchers were a little noisy a 5.30am !!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Funnily enough the young ones were over near the green last night. They came and went several times but all was quiet by 10pm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back