LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I wonder how many thousands of Motorhomers travel around, enjoying their carefree holidays blissfully unaware of all the potential disasters awaiting?
Something goes wrong, get the breakdown service, pay the garage bill & move on.

MHF is special, so much help & advice is freely given, its a laugh & a giggle... but a scan of the topics don't half worry the bejezus out of me :rofl:.

Are Funsters just unlucky with the various woes of hat seem to befall them :wink:?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Are Funsters just unlucky with the various woes of hat seem to befall them :wink:?

Not really. Most of the time you only get to hear about the things that go wrong, not the thousands of miles that go without a hitch (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Look after your vehicle, have it serviced and given a habitation check and then just like looking after yourself, it will work well. As for things going wrong, they are just about as likely to go wrong as you going wrong. Things happen in life and it would be a miserable time if it was spent always expecting something bad to happen.
Personally, over the years I have owned old vans and cars that have failed. The experiences and people we have met as a result of the unexpected have greatly enriched our lives (although not always our pockets).

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Look after your vehicle, have it serviced...

Oh, I'm sure you're absolutely right. I've not yet picked up my MH, but been on the forum 4 yrs.
I've picked up so much wise advice - top two = weigh your van & tyre age.
Would have never entered my tiny mind!
Today, buy a fifteen quid tow strap
etc etc

I have the perception of time so not so scary, but for absolute newbies the topic can be scary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In all honesty there is little that goes wrong that is different from a family car..

I really should not say this but.............
I read with some amusement and often very real concern some of the things folk post about

OK, we are all different but a lot of the stuff that I see that has 'gone wrong' or 'needs doing by the dealer' are just daft !
I will not be specific as I really do not wish to offend, but if you can fit a plug on a telly, or change a light bulb in the house, 99% of stuff can be fixed easily your self ( often with a little help and advice from all the good people you find on FUN :) )

I really would not be too concerned. If something does not work, apply rule one !
Rule one.. Do not panic .. Stop and think about it.. Then work out a solution :)

If still stuck use rule two
Rule two.. Ask for help assistance or advice on here.. The skill set and knowledge found on this forum is both broad and deep ( and there are several folk up and down the country like me who are quite willing to lend a hand physically get stuck in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back