Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've just had a quote from comfort for £795. Do you know of any other companies that offer full time insurance please?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
AIB

from an old thread.. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/insurance-for-full-timers.90063/#post-1095674

I've just spoken to AIB as from recent discussions for an article on Motorhome365 I was left with the impression that they sold regular fulltiming insurance.

They have confirmed they can and do insure motorhomers who have no fixed abode. They use the same underwriter as Comfort; Aviva and as they use more than one underwriter they can also place fulltimers with Equity. However, they did say that all fulltimer policy proposals are forwarded to the underwriters who have the last say in acceptance.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Jim, I've just contacted AIB insurance and they said they would quote the same because they use the same underwriter so I don't think there's anyone else that would do it, looks like comfort then, they have really good feedback anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Jim, I've just contacted AIB insurance and they said they would quote the same because they use the same underwriter so I don't think there's anyone else that would do it, looks like comfort then, they have really good feedback anyway.

yes.. I'm afraid you have Hobson's choice.. so they can basically charge what they like..

It's whole different story in the US where there are tens of thousands who full time.. and motorhome clubs like the Good Sam RV Club with 1.5 million members.. and provide insurance..

foleym

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi I am new to this but what about Adrian Flux. They used to cover motor homes including imports.
Just a thought. M

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks but I've tried him. They use the same underwriter.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Diffrent brokers with same underwriters give diffrent quotes. My car insured through A Flux with Aviva, got much higher quote from Comfort (they insured my MH) also by Aviva, When told them the quote from A Flux, they told me go with him, we can't match.

foleym

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I suppose it is all down to the individual brokers mark up on the underwriters price.
:-(

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Safeguard will cover you for living in your van if you work on a campsite, they class you as a site agent. I have been with them now for four years since I started full timing, however I do have UK address good old parents. For us campsite commandants!

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
£234.13 with full UK European breakdown cover free green card for Morocco. No limit on time spent abroad. Don't know what the 13 p was for lol

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
£234.13 with full UK European breakdown cover free green card for Morocco. No limit on time spent abroad. Don't know what the 13 p was for lol

that is cheap.. what's the catch ?

Have you informed them that your van is your main or only residence.. that you are full time ?

Seasonal living while working as a site warden isn't the same as living full time ..

Not trying to trip you up.. just trying to understand why the quote is much the same as a 'normal' quote for holiday use.

I was never able to get a quote as low as that..

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Nor me. Ours is 3 times that.Have to try them next time.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Told them I work on camp sites in the summer go to Spain in winter, even said yes it's parked on the drive when at home, about a week a year, seem ok with that.. Once they said can't insure as I live in it, when she checked was told ok as your classed as a site agent, it's always been around that price last 4 years. Have to admit friend of mine did the same their quote was about £400 ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Told them I work on camp sites in the summer go to Spain in winter, even said yes it's parked on the drive when at home, about a week a year, seem ok with that.. Once they said can't insure as I live in it, when she checked was told ok as your classed as a site agent, it's always been around that price last 4 years. Have to admit friend of mine did the same their quote was about £400 ?

can't see how that would change anything.. but no matter, thanks for explaining.. and good luck , you got a deal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back