Upton On Seven Blues Festival (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Thinking of going to the Upton on Seven Blues Festival July 17 to July 19. Looks like a good line up, camping Friday to Sunday £30.00 per person or £35.00 per person if you book from Thursday, camping in a field with toilets and showers but no EHU. Like I said we are thinking about it, anyone else?

http://uptonbluesfestival.org.uk/
Hope the link works, if not then google it. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We were there, with Suggy & Rosie, last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed on the MCC rally field, which was a bit cheaper (I think it was £50 from Thursday lunchtime until Monday morning).

We were thinking of going again but the MCC aren't running a rally this year because the field owner has apparently been increasing the charge year on year and they have decided enough is enough. Circumstances mean that we aren't in a position to book this year, just in case we can't get there (the other advantage of the MCC was that there wasn't a supplement for non-booked camping).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We have booked and will be there. It really is a great atmosphere both on site and in the town and we would not miss it for the world. We will be flying the Funster flag this year so pop over for a glass or three if you are passing....

The Tinca's

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Prosecco....mmmm....that will go down very nicely, look forward to it. Heres hoping that Brisey and Pamelaaaaar decide to come as well as it would be nice to see them again after a brief encounter in Beni.
We do hope that awful UKBill chap stays away though as we do not want to be led astray again......................:rolleyes:

The Tinca's

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Friends of mine are playing a couple of sessions. They are a duet (sometimes with a drummer) called "Blueshound" and they are really good if you get a chance to see them. They do a real mixture of stuff, not just Delta Blues, and Marcus (the big tall guy) is the best guitarist I have ever seen. I think they are on at the Anchor. Hopefully we will get down if we are still in the UK.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Quite fancy this. Saw the bit about dogs but I wonder has anyone here taken one before?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Quite fancy this. Saw the bit about dogs but I wonder has anyone here taken one before?

Yes we took Max last year(y) plenty of other dogs there just keep em leashed.
Will be there again this year hope to bump into some of you folks there

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
was there last year and it was a blast wat i remember of it have also already booked 2 tickets for thursday onward camping but cant now make it will be in portugal

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
who else is going to the festival
when you are there just up from the supermarket is a social club (free entry during the fes)there you will find great bands and cheap prices for ya booze if not take a few tins and bottles and just park ya derrières at any seat outside any bar :):whistle:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
who else is going to the festival
when you are there just up from the supermarket is a social club (free entry during the fes)there you will find great bands and cheap prices for ya booze if not take a few tins and bottles and just park ya derrières at any seat outside any bar :):whistle:
One thing we noticed last year was that the drinks prices stayed as normal rather than being expensive as at many events. That included the temporary bars as well as the pubs & club.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
the bar on the river was a bit expensive Graham but like you say its still a reasonable price to pay for the festival i was down near the front toilets and showers and it was great i could here the street bands from there with no problem

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
the bar on the river was a bit expensive Graham but like you say its still a reasonable price to pay for the festival i was down near the front toilets and showers and it was great i could here the street bands from there with no problem
We mainly used The Plough and Ye Olde Anchor and found they charged the same prices as normal. We were surprised that the temporary (trailer) bar going down towards the main stage charged the same for Hobsons Best as Ye Olde Anchor, not more.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just booked from the thursday, looks like fun, never been to a festival. Day visitors to Pilton/Glastonbury 30 years ago when Nick's mum lived in the village doesn't really count.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We would have been tempted but we're hosting our sons 30 birthday bash.
We recently watched Steve Ajao at another festival, I think he's got a couple of gigs at Upton and he's well worth watching.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long to go now. We should arrive around midday on the Friday and we will be flying our brand new Funster flag, all are most welcome to pop round for a chat and liquid refreshment.
Check out this band as well, we are looking forward to seeing them live....a definite touch of the Janis Joplin's.

http://www.northsyde.co.uk/#!/splash

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have booked from thursday so will arrive then unless weather really bad. No flag but I have found our big motorhome fun sign with Carolyn & Nick on. We are quite friendly and will have beverages available( cider, wine & tea mainly).

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our previous experience of the campsite is that it is very large so it may be difficult to locate people from window stickers etc. Up to now we seem to be the only camper (Autosleepers Nuevo) flying the Funster flag so maybe it will be easier in the first instance for you guys to find us. We will arrive around about 13:00 on the Friday,

The Tinca's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back